The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Hood Struts GVR4

GVR4kauai

Anyone know if it matters which way you install the struts? I have mine the opposite as you ^. Just wondering if they would work better one way or the other.

bobdole

Correct way is to mount the shock on the top hood hinge. They seem to work both ways though.

bobdole

I will have more coming. Stay tuned.

thruarod

Interested in a set for my vr-4 and a set for my 1G talon once they are available.

bobdole

VR4 Kits I don't have in yet. 1G kits are in stock.

Charles

bobdole

back in stock. Message me if you want a kit.

Chad989of2000

Very interested PM sent.

bobdole

Guys price is on the first post with link to order. If you are out of the US then message me for shipping quote.

Chad989of2000

Sweet deal, can't wait to get them.

holeshotmoe

Every time you reach under the edge of the hood, release the safety and lift the hood with one hand, you will say to yourself:
Awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Free Christmas plug for these struts.

bobdole

Thanks holeshotmoe. They are a cool mod for sure. All have shipped that ordered. Thanks guys.

matt92vr4

Wow, these were sitting for me when I got back from vacation. Installed them yesterday, they are awesome. Thanks! Sadly I have to move the hood prop over to my Stealth because it has a CF hood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bobdole

Thanks for the feedback. Have a few kits in stock. Link to order is on the front page.

Dark_Horse

Best mod I ever did to the car. It felt great to throw the old hood prop in the corner of the garage.

I've had em installed for about 6 months now, but have always wondered how strong they were...Figuring that the struts were barely enough to handle the weight of the hood. I was most definitely wrong. I had a few inches of snow on the hood last week (I figure the snow doubled or tripled the weight of the hood) and the hood struts held the hood open without issue.

bobdole

Great to hear Dark_Horse. Glad you are happy with them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned