The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy (Feeler)

G

Staff member
I've got another mint set of evo 1-3 vents, I would lend them to said fabricator.

jcgalntvr4-244

I have 1 of each style hoods USDM ,JDM vented and this evo 3 style hood. It is by far my favorite of the 3

jcgalntvr4-244

It came from NZ as far as I know. The guys in Malaysia have a few cars with them. That's about all I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

strokin4dr

I'm not a fan of the evo hood bulge myself, especially with the Galant body lines. It just doesn't flow smoothly.

It works much better with the 4g mirage/lancer's curvier lines.

Cool hood though. I've only seen a few others like it.

bobdole

I would be in for JDM hood.

WaRrIoRs16

I'm in for a JDM hood.

Wookalar

For those looking for a stock CF hood, I'm pretty sure a company already makes them. Search the intranetz and ye shall see for sure.

tektic

Quoting 89Patches:
Guys stop with the Evo 3 hood vents idea. We'll be lucky enough if we get stock hoods that actually fit properly.

I have a stock hood. It fits perfect however it keeps in way too much heat. It needs vents. Evo 1-3 vents are nicer than jdm galant vents. If theres no vents its useless to me. Whats the point of a carbon fiber hood if your not drag racing?

VR4Scott

Quoting Wookalar:
For those looking for a stock CF hood, I'm pretty sure a company already makes them. Search the intranetz and ye shall see for sure.

Link?

pot

Staff member
Gents,

I've returned from a one week hiatus (work related) and will be updated this thread accordingly. There were lots of positive suggestions, comments, and feedback related to this group buy that should see this project through.

Right now, I'm waiting on a couple bids from other fabricators and will present the contents of the dialogue shortly. The important thing to note is this initiative is a shared group effort and will not be relegated to just myself i.e. "Putting my name on it." I will need everyone to pull their collective resources to:

- Conduct weekly, bi-weekly checks on production
- Donate a hood
- Identify criteria to select a vendor, etc. etc.

Please standby and be patient while I work out details with other vendors. *This does not mean discussions have fallen through w/ our first vendor, I simply want to keep our options open. In the interim, please keep the suggestions/strategy coming. I would rather we spend more time deliberating on what steps to take than rush into this. Thus, we will have spent more time planning versus waiting for our product.

Last edited:

Wookalar

Quoting VR4Scott:
Quoting Wookalar:

Link?

Quick search turns up only carbon creations and they no longer specify e39a 91,92 gallant.

click

click

A couple years ago someone had a oem style cf e39a hood on their site but the above links are all I can find.

ghostinthevr4

Here's a link to the carbon fiber hoods there's two models one is a Carbon Kevlar and is more money.

click

With this company I may still have a connect there, I'll have to contact some people.

eviLntt

Long story short, my mechanic didn't lock my hood pins at all and my hood flew up on the way home and killed my windshield along with doing decent damage to the hood. It was a vented "invader" style hood that never really fit all that well and is no longer produced. My mechanic replaced my windsheild and we settled on a Carbon Creation hood as a replacement. It has not yet arrived, but I will update you all with fitment when it does. With shipping it was just a little over $600.

I have seen these types of threads here before, everybody really wants a JDM vented hood, but as stated they are a three piece job and cost well over $1000. Not a lot of members can afford something so expensive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned