The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: ATI Superdamper

Racah15

Low miles, Selling because I may be changing my mind on some things. Don't really want to but if I can get $250 for it, I'll do it. PLus shipping+paypal

GSX_TC

When you had this on, did it use the stock belt size?

GSX_TC

Strange, I thought these were the same circumference as the oem pulley. They made it seem as if it just bolts up like stock, utilizing the stock size belt and all.

cheekychimp

Racah did you misread that mate? I read your reply and immediately got the idea that you must have read Mike's reply as "did it cause the stock belt to seize?"

Mike I'm pretty sure it uses the stock belt, I've got one on the other car. If Racah has been using it without any issues he probably has one of the new ones. Even so, if you do happen to buy it, before you put it on the block, bolt it up to the OEM pulley and make sure both timing marks line up properly. ATI made a batch of pulleys with the incorrect timing marks a while back. I was tearing my hair out for almost a year trying to figure out why my brand new stroker ran like sh*t before Brian mentioned the issue with the timing marks in another post. We remarked the pulley and bingo rock sold idle!

Last edited:

Racah15

Uyyy your right. *facepalm* sorry I was still sleepy when I replied. cheeky chimp is right on the money. sorry yes you do you the stock belt. but the pulley is a larger diameter so if you rev high you don't burnout your alternater.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Haha Alrighty thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned