The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 95 5 speed eprom ecu. SOLD

thedsmguy

The other ad reminded me that I too have a 95 eprom ecu from a 5 speed car. Not sure what these are worth so if you need a 5 speed specific one PM me.

Thanks

Sold for $150 for reference.

Last edited:

vegeta1170

Is it for the gs-t or the gs-x? If it's for the gs-t, how much do you want for it.

4wheelsqueal

Ill ask the same questions as I did on the 95 auto eprom thread. Any work done on the board? Caps replaced? Has it been opened up at all?

4wheelsqueal

Pm sent

4wheelsqueal

Pretty sure you'd have to socket it then have a chip with the settings made but could be wrong.

thedsmguy

I think in a 2g they use the same injector size for auto vs 5 speed and fwd vs awd so I think it would work, There might be slight differences in timing curves?

VR4Scott

The 2g's all use the same injectors. 5 speed and autos use the same ecu. A awd ecu will work in a fwd, and a fwd will work in a awd. A 95 eprom ecu will work fine in a 95-96. If you put a 95 eprom ecu in a 97-99 car, you need to swap the spark plug wires and injector plugs.

1 becomes 2
2 becomes 1
3 becomes 4
4 becomes 3

Reason being the cam sensor is on the opposite side of the head. There are very minor differences in the awd vs fwd programming. The awd does not have speed cut, the fwd does. The awd rev limit is a little bit higher, like 300 rpm, and a couple other things. The differences are so minute, most would never notice the difference.

BTW $150 is a steal for a clean 2g eprom ecu. I mainly part out 2g's and have sold several of these ecu's from $150-$250. GLWS.

thedsmguy

I know it is a great deal. I'm just trying to get a little cash for my upcoming move and nothing much seems to be selling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4wheelsqueal

Thanks for the information! Good luck with the sale. That is an awesome price btw!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned