The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 5 lug swap setup

thedsmguy

Front and rear. I can send knuckles or just the front hubs, either way I'd suggest doing front bearings. The rear axle stubs are a direct swap and very easy to do.

$125 shipped for hubs/stubs. I can also sell brakes and rotors if needed.

Thanks.

thedsmguy

Do you want new bearings (highly suggested) they are about $40 a side for bearings and another $25 or so in labor to put the bearings in. Other than that I'd charge about $50 to do the physical swap. So, total with new bearings would be about $300 installed. I'd give you some used rotors as well. If you didn't want new bearings (if I have a set that is still ok for now) your cost to install is only the $50 to do the actual swap plus parts and I obviously would not need to ship so its more like $160.

coyotes

I already have front hubs so I'd only need the rear. I am interested in this, let's put it on the list of sh*t to do to my car this summer and I'll pay you for helping me out. If you sell this stuff don't worry, I have access to another rear subframe if Evan still likes me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slugsgomoo

Allan, I would expect that a fwd dsm might work, but hard to say without looking at the way the two rear setups work.

89Mirageman

You are correct, 1g FWD DSM rear hubs are identical except for the bolt pattern. So all you would need to do is buy hubs/rotors. Assuming your FWD came with rear discs in the first place. If not you will need to swap the entire rear axle beam out since the ears for the calipers are welded on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned