The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 #613/2000 (new pics 6.27.17)... N. Seattle, WA *SOLD*

thomcasey

Did you get a GTO or G8?

turbohf

2008 Pontiac G8 GT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 91k miles, full bolt on... maybe ill post pics/info when i pick it up (should be tomorrow)

speaking of pics, like 35 new pics are uploading now of the Galant...

thomcasey

Love the GT's and new SS's. ONly wish it wouldn't take a $600 HPTuner setup just to permanently deactivate the engine eating DOD.

turbohf

you can pull the heads, pull the lifters out and toss them in the trash, where they belong... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
this car had a DOD delete. comp cam, ls7 lifters, etc.etc. so luckly I do tbhave to deal with any of that.

I want a 15+ SS, but dont have that kind of cash to spend.. G8 is an awesome car. driven 4 of them I think. all solid, handle damn well for a 4000lbs car. obviously its got the engine. these last two with all the bolt on mods really wake up.

turbohf

sorry, noticed that after i washed the car then drove it to a nice spot and took 35 pictures...

GSTwithPSI

Not trying to be a dick. Good pictures sell cars, that's all I meant.

If the car runs well, I think it will eventually fetch the 7.5k price tag.

GLWS

slugsgomoo

honestly I paid $5500 for my car in 2005, and it wasn't nearly this nice at the time... I kind of feel like it's a steal, even though it's green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbohf

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Not trying to be a dick. Good pictures sell cars, that's all I meant.

If the car runs well, I think it will eventually fetch the 7.5k price tag.

GLWS

sorry, im annoyed in general, so everyone sounds like a dick right now. selling this car is just a loosing battle. i feel im selling it for half what its worth, and still its not enough.

at this point i dont have room for it or care to take the time to part it out. and it would really suck to part it out, as it runs and drives perfectly. hauls ass. and with some more boost/tuning/clutch it will go REALLY fast, but i just dont care anymore. completely have lost interest in going further or spending more money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

what would i do to the car if i was keeping it?
more boost
more tuning to match that
clutch
evo seats

what does this car NEED?
someone to do the stuff above.

i will sell to a local buyer cheaper. as i wont have to deal with out of state buyer/shipping/etc. also i would have to go get an emergency title something, cost me 100bucks alone. local buyer its 12bucks, or just transfer at the licensing office.

Quote:
honestly I paid $5500 for my car in 2005, and it wasn't nearly this nice at the time... I kind of feel like it's a steal, even though it's green

thanks. i feel that it is also. i got a deal on this car when i bought it. but even still, so much has gone into the engine/suspension/turbo/etc.

hell i just added up the bigger ticket items, not even nit picking, or full retail... $6500 + the shell... end of July, im parting this out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Jesus_Negros

Photobucket isn't showing your pics. Use imgur instead or load it directly to the forum.

turbohf

awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Jesus_Negros

Or pay photobucket lol

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbohf:

sorry, im annoyed in general, so everyone sounds like a dick right now. selling this car is just a loosing battle. i feel im selling it for half what its worth, and still its not enough.

I'd bet most people willing to spend 7.5k on a Galant are probably pretty particular about what they are buying. Couple that with a handful of people actually interested in buying a Galant VR-4 in the first place, and it's a perfect recipe for a losing battle.

If I were buying your car, here's what I would look for:

-Good high resolution images of every inch of the car. That includes interior, exterior, engine bay, undercarriage, etc. Like I said, good pictures sell cars. A serious buyer will want to see everything I listed.

-Post a video of the car running/driving. Like good pictures, a video of the car in action will alleviate any doubts as to how well the car typically functions.

-Post a log. Personally, if I were buying a heavily modified car like yours, I'd want to see a 3rd gear pull. A log will tell you how well the car is set up, and show any underlying issues that might be present.

Do that stuff, and I think you'll be much more likely to attract a serious buyer in the near term. I sold 1813 a few years back for asking price, and it wasn't nearly as nice as your car. But, I did all the stuff I mentioned above, and it was gone in under 30 days.

At the end of the day, your ad has to sell the car. Sadly, you're selling a Galant VR-4, not an air-cooled Porsche. These turds don't sell themselves.

Jesus_Negros

And get AC back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

turbohf

sorry, im not working on the car anymore unless something brakes or it makes it to next oil change. your more than welcome to buy the car and put AC in it.

***click the pictures to view them, or right click then view image*** ill try to upload them to imgur later, but i made an account and could not see how to make an album or upload in general.

turbohf

ok rehosted images on imgur. posted a couple and the album...

and the new car.

kAxauLa.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned