The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front bumpers and bodykits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_Negros

Pay attention Galantvr4559. I didnt ask for opinions about the bumpers..nor do opinions bother me. I simply asked where to get said parts not what you thought. Now if you want to give an opinion fine but, not one post was about where to get the parts. Do you see whats going on or are you still reading with your asshole?

IncorpoRatedX

I posted a link, USE IT

Jesus_Negros

^ Yep thanks, I'll use it later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not as new to this as you guys think. And stop calling me a troll my name is Jaette!

IncorpoRatedX

Well Jaette, you're a f***ing moron. Sell your VR4 before you ruin it.

Jesus_Negros

Why?
I've owned my first gvr4, since it was brand new and its 100% stock. And my other two are modded, I have 2 over seas as well. You dont know so dont assume. but I've been tinkering with this car before a lot of you ever heard of it. I've done just about everything under the Sun to these things. I may be a moron who knows but I dont think I've shown that atribute in this thread. Read some of my post, maybe some of those make me look moronic...who knows.

Cheers,
Jaette!

Galantvr4559

Furthermore why do u come on to a galant VR4 specific website and ask where to find a effen honda body kit or a body kit that looks absolutly rediculous. Go to ur taskbar and type in ebay .com. This site is composed of mature car enthusiests that love the galant vr4 and enjoy everything else it has to offer. Go buy a honda if u want body kit options.

Jesus_Negros

Very entertaining. Those pics seem to be galant, 6g galants at that. If you would use your eyes instead of your asshole you would again see where you failed the first time. I do love these cars...

If you have a question dont hesitate to pm me. I'll gladly answer. I'm here to help son and hopefully oneday you will be too.

maxash0775

Sorry to interject. I know I low post count but I think it's the moral. Like someone said above, that we are a tight knit community, not maybe in proximity buy who the he'll else understands our passion for these cars, pretty much the way they are other than our other brothers and sisters on this board. When I explain to People my car they look at me like " that piece o sh*t". I see a freaking work of art in form and function. I guess we are narrow minded in our opinion of what these cars should look like but that's why we are here and while not many if any would get those kits, you should if that's your liking. What the others are saying is it wouldn't be appreciated on this site. I am not looking to start a war, just trying to explain the mentality, not that I am trying to speak for anyone.

raptorWagon

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Why?
I've owned my first gvr4, since it was brand new and its 100% stock. And my other two are modded, I have 2 over seas as well. You dont know so dont assume. but I've been tinkering with this car before a lot of you ever heard of it. I've done just about everything under the Sun to these things. I may be a moron who knows but I dont think I've shown that atribute in this thread. Read some of my post, maybe some of those make me look moronic...who knows.

Cheers,
Jaette!

A intro thread doesn't hurt and would have prevented some of the accusations against you and your knowledge of VR4s, but since you didn't make one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Jesus_Negros

I understand but there are ways to go about things. Name calling isnt the way. You can post anything you want on this forum and you'll probably get helped the catch is it must be something that is accepted by the general population.

Last edited by a moderator:

moondog

Don't pay any mind to some of these narrow minded Dweebs that just want to criticize. We only got 3000 of these over here so they think they are rare, but worldwide they were distributed since 1989 in large numbers, and if these socalled lovers of the vr4 went to Australia or Japan, they would see some heavily modded vr4's that have received some pretty outragious body work. Its still all vr4 underneath. So you can't mod the outside but some of you think that its OK to change everything under the skin? With many non Mitsubishi parts? Some of you make no sense.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting raptorreed:
Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Why?

Cheers,
Jaette!

A intro thread doesn't hurt and would have prevented some of the accusations against you and your knowledge of VR4s, but since you didn't make one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Maybe, maybe not Tim. But, some people want to make others feel bad then thats their choice.

supa_saloon

Quoting maxash0775:
Sorry to interject. I know I low post count but I think it's the moral. Like someone said above, that we are a tight knit community, not maybe in proximity buy who the he'll else understands our passion for these cars, pretty much the way they are other than our other brothers and sisters on this board. When I explain to People my car they look at me like " that piece o sh*t". I see a freaking work of art in form and function. I guess we are narrow minded in our opinion of what these cars should look like but that's why we are here and while not many if any would get those kits, you should if that's your liking. What the others are saying is it wouldn't be appreciated on this site. I am not looking to start a war, just trying to explain the mentality, not that I am trying to speak for anyone.

sorry to interject and to piggy back on this.
on a personal note, everyone here always think that every vr4 they personally own is by far the best amongst anybody else's, but still with almost the same taste as the others, other's may not appreciate an evo spoiler on a galant, others may think we need to do more upgrade, others may want usdm over jdms and vice versa. what i am trying to get at is, cant we just all get along? a link was posted to answer the question.

Jesus_Negros

^ Salamat!

It nice to see some sense in a post.

raptorWagon

Of course, that's how it works around most car forums. The VR4 is perfectly fine the way it is, problem with most of those kits is they do not flow whatsoever with the body lines of the car. The Honda remarks are fair, some people have taken honda bumpers and made them fit on these cars surprisingly in the past.

This car is kitted, but it is also a drift car, it's acceptable in some areas of motor sports, plus that car has probably seen the wall a few times to negate using a aftermarket bumper. Why destroy a perfectly good stock bumper when you can destroy a aftermarket one? Sometimes they can pull it off decently, most times like the bumpers you posted are straight hideous, subtle changes work better.

Or there was that guy in NY that rattle canned painted his VR4 blue and straight over-sprayed everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

DSC02434.JPG

fuel

Quoting moondog:
Don't pay any mind to some of these narrow minded Dweebs that just want to criticize. We only got 3000 of these over here so they think they are rare, but worldwide they were distributed since 1989 in large numbers, and if these socalled lovers of the vr4 went to Australia or Japan, they would see some heavily modded vr4's that have received some pretty outragious body work. Its still all vr4 underneath. So you can't mod the outside but some of you think that its OK to change everything under the skin? With many non Mitsubishi parts? Some of you make no sense.

1987. The 6th generation of Galants including the E39A were released in most markets in mid 1987.

raptorWagon

Quoting moondog:

In MERICA' we prefer under the hood modding, Overseas it's Culture, here it is not. Actually the VR4 has been around since '87 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. If a Non-mitsu part works better than the Mitsu one, then why not replace it? It works and preforms better doesn't? If I moved to Australia, I'd personally ditch my vr4 for a Galant GTO, but that's just me.

EDIT: Fuel you beat me to it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

fuel

good luck finding a Galant GTO in Australia! I haven't seen one yet. Mostly GC/GD "Chrysler" Galants. Plenty of GTOs in New Zealand though!

supa_saloon

glad to read that everything seemed to have cooled down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting fuel:
good luck finding a Galant GTO in Australia! I haven't seen one yet. Mostly GC/GD "Chrysler" Galants. Plenty of GTOs in New Zealand though!

True, but shipping one from NZ to Australia would be cheaper than to the US! I've done some hunting on trademe lol. My car will look like a GC soon enough! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif, Just need to hit up SG for some GD turn indicator buckets for my front bumper (got the Coupe Grill, Galant 1600 fender emblems, trunk emblem, GC Tails).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned