The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Frayed O2 Wire

beaner

Does this affect anything? I was going to just swap for a new plug off my spare harness but the same thing is going on with that one.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is actually the shielding wire that goes around the regular O2 sensor wires. Just wrap it back around and tape it or something.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Alan, if you know how to get shrink tubing onto a wire that is connected at both ends, do tell. I have been trying to solve that puzzle for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If you cut it, it doesn't seal together.

beaner

Cool, I was hoping that's all it was. I never use shrink tube, just some top dollar elect tape and a little zip tie on that after so it doesn't unravel over time.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned