The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help with o2 plug engine harness side

ade

my plug is in bad shape and sourcing a used plug and pigtail seems impossible, so im working with what i got. ill cut strip crimp on new pins and reuse the plug.

i just picked up a new o2 sensor and would rather not burn it or the ground tracer in my ecu out. can some one take a look at the colors going into and out of the o2 plug.
heres the o2 engine side plug for reference, thanks.
Ade.

G

Staff member

ade

Thanks but, i need the engine side of the harness not the sensor side.

G

Staff member
Last edited:

G

Staff member
Or these >> click

4 way male and a 4 way female and you're good to go.

ade

thanks g i really appreciate the help, aftermarket plugs are a great idea but i would like to stay oem in case i have to replace the o2 in the future no splicing just plug and play.

ill take a full harness if the plugs i need are in great shape.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
On my 91, that connector was so brittle that it basically would not hold pins anymore. I replaced the harness side with a plug like used on the 2g O2 sensor (a commonly used square connector used on Mitsus for many years). This allows me to use a 2g sensor,which is a bonus as I have a 2g exhaust housing which requires a longer sensor wire.

Last edited:

ade

thats a good idea also.

so i wired it up correctly and replaced the o2 with a new denso unit. but still no cycle! if i can fig out how to post a log!!

im starting to think my ecu might need service.

ade

so my ecu is good, i believe. no burnt tracers, isc drivers are fine, no spills, just a clean green board.

can someone take a few detailed picture of their o2 plug and wires and post em up so i know where they go, pin-out wise.

i found a few diagrams through searches but would like to see it a lil more clearly. thanks Ade.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned