The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

found the cause of my boosting isuses

johnnyRacer

Well outside of a blown HG, recently. I was having difficulty building pass just under 10 psi for sometime now. If the boost controller was set at its highest setting and the vacuum line off the WG, it did not matter. It would only build boost up to a hair before 10 psi. After removing my exh manifold while changing my HG I could see the hot side of the turbo has a very large internal crack. Obviously, this is where my boost was leaking to.

johnnyRacer

no, no, no, I was having boosting problems before the recent HG failure.

johnnyRacer

Here's a picture of the failure. Right in between the #1 and #2 cylinders.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned