The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FOR SALE: evo flip key reopened!!! 40$ shipped 35$ for 2 or more

EgonOlsen

normally there are just some screws to take off to open.
I plan on doing the same for the keyless entry set I have with some other fobs.

Brunoboy

someone want to do a HOW TO on the remote switch over? I have remote start and keyless entry.

transparentdsm

so i got all of the flip keys in the mail yesterday and im going to start cutting keys up tomorrow so everyone can have these by christmas... will keep you all informed on what is happening... im also going to sell all my left overs with blanks in them for 35 dollars each once im all done...

alansupra94

Just bumping for this question, (if you want to email me to keep this under wraps, that is cool).

What car did that key come out of? I have no intent on stealing your idea but I would like to actually buy from a junkyard all the electronics that actually make the buttons on the key work.

I can provide a write up assuming there is no crazy ass complications. Also I am already putting this in advance, I hold no responsibility for damages you do to your car. I already know how temperamental these GVR4 electronics are and since I have to replace and trace a few things (including power locks), I figured I might as well wire it in.

Plus, all those fancy alarm systems are nice but can't really do jack. A simple hidden kill switch is better and more effective. I already had to remove all that jazz that was in the Galant plus the 90s car cellular phone....or maybe I should re-install that....

Last edited:

transparentdsm

no secrets here alan, its an evo 8 flip key, plus you already paid me i think and sent me your key. hahah even though your like 5 minutes from my shop. i am currently looking to do the same exact thing myself, i gound this one on ebay and for the price i may try to hack up the circuit board and make it fit. the auction is over click but this is the keyless entry i was going to use, i figured it would be easier to try it with a 35 dollar one instead of going to the junk yard, finding an evo and then taking all of the wiring and stuff out. let me know how it goes alan as i would love to do this to my car as well and once i get my vr4 running again, we should meet up somewhere and go for a drive...

transparentdsm

for everyone who has paid, im going to start this week on making the keys. a lot of you sent me a key with a plastic end on it so im just going to order more blanks and everyone gets a blank key that they will have to cut, for the few people who sent me the right key i will make your keys in the flipper. after im done making them, i will put up an ad with how ever many i have left with blanks on them for sale on the page start to look around jan 1st or so

alansupra94

Quoting transparentdsm:
no secrets here alan, its an evo 8 flip key, plus you already paid me i think and sent me your key. hahah even though your like 5 minutes from my shop. i am currently looking to do the same exact thing myself, i gound this one on ebay and for the price i may try to hack up the circuit board and make it fit. the auction is over click but this is the keyless entry i was going to use, i figured it would be easier to try it with a 35 dollar one instead of going to the junk yard, finding an evo and then taking all of the wiring and stuff out. let me know how it goes alan as i would love to do this to my car as well and once i get my vr4 running again, we should meet up somewhere and go for a drive...

Cool, I haven't sent you my key yet. I have to go make a copy but now that has me thinking. Maybe I can reprogram that evo 8 key for something easier....I will look into it after my finals.

Dasith

im in for the next run.. for 2 items

transparentdsm

Quoting alansupra94:
Quoting transparentdsm:

Cool, I haven't sent you my key yet. I have to go make a copy but now that has me thinking. Maybe I can reprogram that evo 8 key for something easier....I will look into it after my finals.

if you havent sent the key alan why dont you stop by the shop one day and drop the key off.

alansupra94

I will let you know. Right now I have finals tell Wednesday and I believe I will be going to NC sometime next weekend as well to pick up some parts.

transparentdsm

pretty sure it came in 2 days ago... i got one from someone in MN and they destroyed the letter and i had to send it back. i have a pile of unopened mail with a bunch of keys in them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts