The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

finished installing my AMG wing today..

Diego

and it was a PIA!!!! I can't believe how many time I cut my finger on the DS side trying to get the bolt by the 1/4 rear was the biggest PIA.

but it finished i will post pictures in a few minutes...

no critisism please

Diego

Back of car.

Side View.

and my pumpkin I carved tonight.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Links won't work for me.

Diego

Yeah you seen it last night while it was in the prep stage, and the other things I still have on my to do list...

cheekychimp

Dude, you make a post about an AMG wing which is awesome, but then you eclipse it with that Halloween carving. How the hell do you do that, it looks awesome!

Wash the car and post some more pics of the wing outside in better light. You clearly deserve some appreciation after going through hell to fit it and those pics are not doing it justice! I'd appreciate some advice and pointers too as I am going to have to go through this later on at least one car.

Last edited:

RedTwo

Quoting Diego:
Back of car.
and my pumpkin I carved tonight.

So awesome!
I know that at any second it's just going to come to life, leap off of the pumpkin and gnaw on unsuspecting children!

Diego

Quoting cheekychimp:
Dude, you make a post about an AMG wing which is awesome, but then you eclipse it with that Halloween carving. How the hell do you do that, it looks awesome!

Wash the car and post some more pics of the wing outside in better light. You clearly deserve some appreciation after going through hell to fit it and those pics are not doing it justice! I'd appreciate some advice and pointers to as I am going to have to go through this later on at least one car.

It was fairly easy. We ( me and the awesome neighbor with a 72? AMC Javelin ) taped it off and used a measuring tape ( oh yeah ) traced the outline, measured 2x and drilled once. I need to wash it, take some goo gone to the lid where ther was some residue left from old wing... wash and well I'm going to have to say its SUPER SEXY.

So what's left on my to do list.

: Fabricate sold square tubing for a seat fram to mount my new seats I've purchased
: Uninstall old DS fender hang new one
: Fix driveline sag
: Clean and put picures in Members ride section.

Last edited:

Hittman

Any way you could do a FULL write up on this? It would forever immortalize your name w GVR4.org

Diego

I just noticed this comment^^^ while digging it up for a new guy, I will write up something for the people so that way it is forever stoned into the How-To section...

Diego

Okayplayer

Glad to see you glamming up your car. I thought you were gonna sell it, what changed your mind? I digs the wing, very nice.

I would like to see a write up.. I am interested how much
Work it actually takes.

Diego

The trunk base and the Passenger side is cake, but with the wiring components on the DS side is a tight fit...

To get the 3rd light to fit you need to file the initial (if you had a wing) brake light hole a smidge to get the connector inside the lid...

Diego

Galantvr4559

I believe we got that figured out and the connector to fit. Is she alive now?? when you get her running you need to come down to denver to chill.

Quoting Okayplayer:
Glad to see you glamming up your car. I thought you were gonna sell it, what changed your mind? I digs the wing, very nice.

The threat of a part out changed his mind. Works everytime.

Diego

Yes, the partout tucked my balls up inside. Justin will have first dibs if I ever pull the trigger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Okayplayer

That's good that you didn't sell it. I would love to have a meet this spring, now that I am finally making progress on my car. Do you plan to do a full paint?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned