The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Final product of the shortened USDM bumpers

dmj

Looks good, is there now a gap between the front fender inner liners/ splash shield and bumper since the lip has been cut off while shortening the bumper?

prestonztt

Quoting blackvr4:
ammmazing, looks great! how much did you end up cutting?

I cut about 2.5in's off of the front and rear bumpers.

The inner fender is no longer there.

prove_it

I'm demanding a how-to..

please.

This would look drop dead sexy with boostx's front lip.

MellowVR4

plus one on the how to!

mikus

i have a missing/cracked off bit on the front 2.5" edge of my rear bumper --- this could be a double win.

92awd4u

Looks awesome. Like everyone else looking for the how to.

nsin

Digging that look man! Awesome!!

Galantvr4559

There definatly is a way to put the bumper ends back on just need to plastic weld them back on, body work em and paint. Looks awsome. Something i might do to mine in the future. Write up please.

MellowVR4

Any write up on this yet???

citymunky

+1 ^^ or a least "here is what I cut" brief explanation. Did you have to weld?

Beside you and gsxconvert (who will not be back) nobody has yet to successfully shorten the front USDM bumper. Click. I would love to give this a try since my front bumper support is already cut for the intercooler and my front bumper slats have been removed.

prove_it

I shortened mine....

Haven't been to active lately but all i did was removed the core support and attached the bumper cover to the bumper filler with rivets and trimmed back the excess, really wasn't hard. I used the center three bumper filler bolts to attach the bumper and two bolts on the corners. So far I haven't gotten around to mounting the fog lights, but that's due a IC pipe rebuild needed first. Looks pretty good. Shortened it about 2-3 inches.

citymunky

Any pic's during?

prove_it

These are final shots, this was only a test bumper as it is a spare. I want to redo it with a different bumper and get it painted. But for now it works.

img.php

img.php

img.php

James

Looks decent. Could have used a little more time with making the cut look lines up and rounded with the same shape as the wheelwell

prove_it

Yea, this was just a prototype mock up. Looks better in person. When I redo it Ill put a spacer between the bumper and the bumper filler. Also I'll cut the lines better too. I think I can still mount the stock fog lights too.

transparentdsm

i think i might do this and do a real good write up on it. i have a few ideas on how to do it id really like to play with and one involves keeping the bumper support and foam.

edit: also i will be retaining the wheel well covers no matter how i do the bumper supports though.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned