The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Failed emissions

fivestardsm

Quoting steveVR4:
Quoting fivestardsm:
I just saw some "emission pass" the other day in the local autozone. It says on the container that it is Gaurateed to pass emissions. Now granted the mods make it harder, but being that you were pretty close, would it be worth trying? I belive It was ( CRC ) But I don't remember the name of the stuff for sure.
We don't have emissions here in Michigan, so I never had to mess with it before.
Hope this helps.

click

OK this begs the question.... why, if you have no emissions testing in Michigan, does an AutoZone presumably in Michigan stock the "emission pass" product?

You know....... I asked my self the same question. That is probably why it was on the discounted items shelf, right next to a whole box of shop towels that I bought for $6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

004tsi

Quoting 4thStroke:
004tsi- have Lucas make an E85 map for you. Theres an E85 pump at 5 corners and in Battle Ground (if you didnt know). I was actually talking to Aaron about it last time I was there. He told me if I had an issue with emissions on 92oct, youd get through no problem on E85.

Actually I talked to Lucas about it and he said retard the timing and throw in some 87 octane, might add some denatured alcohol for good measure.... I would love e85 but until i buy the finance a new car mine is the road trip car so no e85. PLUS I'll need some 1000cc injectors to really take advantage of e85 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'll be taking it through today so we'll see how she does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

4thStroke

Howd it do?

I have the perfect car for your fiance! Check out my post in the "cars for sale" section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

004tsi

got busy, will be going monday since they are closed tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I already looked at it, we have been looking at mazda 3's and 6's already, trying not to spend that much though otherwise I'd come drive it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned