The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo suspension using OEM evo camber bolts

jepherz

Staff member
I think GTLuke did this on his suspension upgrade. Has anyone else drilled the hubs to accept the OEM bolts? Pros or cons of it?

Also, anybody have all of the part numbers for the 4 bolts/washers/nuts?

Thanks!

JSchleim18

I have the part numbers but they're at home. They didn't come with washers though. Just the 4 bolts and 4 nuts.

belize1334

I seem to recall that the evo hubs don't have the same vertical alignment of the bolts that our hubs do. This is evidenced by peoples difficulty getting good camber settings even when using the smaller oem bolts and tipping the hubs as far as they'll go. If it were me I think I'd install with OEM bolts and tip it as far as possible for neg camber and then mark the hub. Then measure the camber value that your getting. Then remove everything and use those marks as a template for your base camber setting. Then adjust the centerline of your proposed holes to achieve whatever camber you actually want for a base value.

jepherz

Staff member
Hmm, I didn't notice any alignment issues when I glanced at them. Are you sure the the camber wasn't just changed by raising/lowering the ride height a bit?

belize1334

I haven't done it on my car so I can't say for sure but looking at Ryan's car it seems like he barely gets 0* camber with the bolts tipped as far as possible.

curtis

Jeff drill the holes out for the larger bolts then you can mill the slots out wider on the struts so you can tilt as much as you want.

Armitage

I hated having larger bolt holes on the strut versus the wheel hub because high conering forces can cause the camber to change unexpectedly mid-turn even if you crank down on the bolt. I didn't want to drill out the hub for strength reasons (I snapped an unmodified hub at that location before in an impact with a curb). In the end I welded stock shims to the inside of the strut ears so the bolt hole size would match.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned