The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine vibration

I have 1992 Galant 2.0 mpi. Lately the the front end of the car vibrates excessively when in low gear and when a/c is on. Also shift shock is happening occassionally.

What sould be the problem of my engine/transmission?

SouthCaliVR4

I would start by checking the condition of the timing belt, particularly the smaller balance shaft belt.

are we talking about a vr4 or a regular galant? if it's reg, single or twin cam? on the twin check the spark plug boots for arcing in the plug wells. other wise we need more information.

Can you clarify the phrase "Shift shock" auto or manual trans?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned