The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EGR question

manikbastrd

I posted this in the newbie forum because I don't feel proud to ask it haha...

So if I just unplug the EGR vacuum lines, the valve should stay closed right? I don't have any caps on the EGR valve itself, but do have the TB capped off. I was getting around 18-20mmHg for my idle vacuum...but the idle was hunting a bit...Then again I have a blown turbo right now so I doubt the thing is gonna run anywhere near right. Oh well anywho, any help is appreciated. I will be fabricating a block off place soon anyway, so it's not a big deal but I was curious.

Thanks in advance!

-Manik

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Fix the other issues, the EGR is likely not one of them. My theory.

You can disconnect the vacuum hoses from the cactus up at the coolant/thermostat neck on the head, and the vacuum hoses from the EGR valve, if so desired.

The EGR will no longer function, meaning it will not work at all because it will not have vacuum source applied once up to temp and at the desired intervals.

Block-off plate just looks cleaner, however your point about capping the barbs on the EGR body, is likely valid because one bleeds so I'm not positive but it could cause issues.

Plate it if you want, but confirm what other issues you have, as my suggestion.

Boost leak test may be in order, with a soapy spray bottle.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned