The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECU .xdfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

324vr4

Does anybody have a .xdf file for the stage 3 keydiver chip, with all deffinitions for every feature offered with stage 3?

Last edited:

324vr4

Right, well I've already got the standard E943 .xdf file, just looking for one with the additional features.

Last edited:

Andy_S

Most of those features will need to be edited in the hex. The xdf just points to where that stuff is located. Have you tried the dsm-ecu group on yahoo, it should provide all the files and info you will need?

324vr4

Right...I am using the site...i have everything I need on the first 2 images but not sure where to start with the 3rd image...just curious if someone has ALREADY mapped out the features from the stage 3 chip into the .xdf file so I don't have to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

324vr4

Fuel cut, redline, injector size, maf type, octane reset, knock sensor to dash display, launch control; everything that makes a stock chip no longer stock with the upgrades the stage 3 offers...if that makes more sense :|

jepherz

Staff member
I have a file with fuel cut, redline, and injector size. I'm not really sure you can add the others to an XDF file; I could be wrong though! I kinda stopped using tunerpro when I found out that it was corrupting all of my images with my ostrich. Since then I've just been doing the editing manually and am writing a java app to burn to the ostrich.

Quoting 324vr4:
Fuel cut, redline, injector size, maf type, octane reset, knock sensor to dash display, launch control; everything that makes a stock chip no longer stock with the upgrades the stage 3 offers...if that makes more sense :|

Most of those features that you listed are the same addresses as a stock chip. The rev limiter is easy to find, if you have half a brain or initiative. If you are asking for things like my knock gauge code though, that is NOT something you can change simply with an xdf file. It is MY extra code, and if you aren't a paying chip owner you have no right to use it.
What you are basically asking people on here to do is just hand you a $100 keydiver chip for free, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jepherz

Staff member
What exactly are stage 1 and 2 if you already have them and neither of them include idle or rev limit? It's not very hard to add those to the xdf with the correct addresses.

324vr4

I actually purchased a $100 chip from you (Ryan order #3015). The reason for me wanting to do this is because I am currently tuning my launch and need to increase my launch RPM. I would also like to adjust the settings for the 2-step features, and was trying to find the easiest way to do so. If I knew the addresses for these fields I could simply edit my .xdf file and tune those parameters with Tunerpro, instead of buying a new $100 chip each time I need to tune my car. Is there a different way you suggest for doing this? I meant no disrespect to your business, just trying to make what I have better....

Nate

Yes, I suggest that you get one of his upgrades, since you already purchased a chip; I believe they're about $40? What's your time worth?

Yes, the right way to do it is to ASK ME, not on a public forum. Posting my code on a public forum just encourages piracy, IMHO. Simply email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the addreses of the main, nlts, and stutterbox rpm's, or an xdf file that should be correct.
The only issue is going to be that Nate actually did that chip, not me, so I can't be 100% sure on everything.

324vr4

I apologize for the way I went about asking this, I was under the impression many people had already done this. Public forum posts on this topic done, I'll send you an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned