The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay front bumper will it fit

dsmless

theres a front bumper with fogs on ebay for a 92 vr4 but looks diffrent chassis code is a E32A will it fit a vr4 or to small, any one , check it out, copy And paste it;

click

turbowop

It'll fit, but it's not the normal JDM bumper everybody else usually gets. That's the front bumper from a JDM regular Galant. How easily it will fit a large intercooler, I don't know.

Last edited:

eviLntt

I have that bumper on my galant. It does not use the US core support, so there is more room behind it than the USDM bumper. I got all the brackets included with mine, but I still had to drill out a piece of the frame because the US cars use different mounting holes than the JDM cars (it wasn't as hard as it sounds.) The fog lights use the same style plug as the VR4 so they just plugged right in, and have a nice yellow insert making regular bulbs more suited for fog. So the long answer is yes it will work, but will require some modding on your part.

turbowop

I don't know if I'd consider drilling two holes "modding". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif The extra holes that need to be drilled are even marked. It's double sheet metal right there and the first layer already has a hole. You just drill the second layer in the same spot. Don't even need to measure anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

prove_it

looks like an usdm bumper with different foglights. I can't wait to see a pic of this installed. It's a nice and cheap improvement

chucklesas

I can't look at the link, but I doubt it will be cheap. Most companies on Ebay charge about $200 to ship a bumper.

Why bother to find these kind of bumpers via the JDM way?

ALL facelift 6th gens in Europe have these.... So they are prob. easier to get via Europe, and shipping will be cheaper than shipping them from malaysia or Japan...

eviLntt

^ I would agree. A friend got mine got it for me from ebay because he damaged my car, but it was part of a front clip package that ended up being less than $350.00 shipped for a bumper, JDM city headlights, the filler piece above the bumper, a grill and some fender lights. I personally think it looks better than the USDM, but would switch it out for a JDM RS one if I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsmless

do you have a pic of this bumper installed, and do you use a front mount, very tempted to buy it

eviLntt

The car is completely stock in the engine and cooling systems, so no front mount. I will have to look for a pic, but don't hold your breath.

gmp

thats funny! i was thinking about getting this for my car before it started acting up...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned