The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay Adjustable rear control arms

Hey Mods. Think we could move this to the "HOW TO" section? Also, YOU THE MAN John!
Thanks Bro!

JNR

Yeah, I agree...this is good info to have 'on hand'; thanks for posting the parts involved!

I had a question about the spherical rod ends...are they high quality type and do they have any 'safety' built in, should they shear (I guess by nature they would, but thinking more on the bolt side of it and have read some horror stories using them, but that is mostly with 4byin' applications, which is a whole 'nother can of worms on the suspension forces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )...I guess the forces we encounter in this location though wouldn't be so much of a concern, but I'm still curious...

This looks like a nice 'upgrade' and will add another one to my 'to do list' now, he he...Thanks again for the info...

Armitage

Do you think this setup can survive some rallycross / somewhat abusive unpaved driving?

It looks like it may be able to. I forgot to bring them home with me, but I'll get more pictures up of the arms .

John

Larry Parker

I was about to order some new rear arms for the rally car, but this may be a better option....... Ill tell yeah if they break in the gravel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

larry

I ordered all the parts from AFCO last night to build these since my rear upper control arms are trashed. Everything should be in next week. I will let you know how they turn out and post some pics.

1uGlyGalaNt

anyone wanna sell a set of already assembled ones?

still nothing? c'mon, some one must have pics by now... my ingals are two days from trashed...

BUMP!!!!!!!
PM'd some people about these, no reply.

I bought the required parts for this and the week after I get the parts from AFCO, my Ingals arms snap... oh joy

ok, actually one snapped and the other bent bad.

so i'm having problems with the install.
the rod end spacers seem to be too long (easy fix with a hack saw) but, the 3/4 id of the spacers is not big enough.
I might have bought the wrong pt#, I'm not sure though.

I was hoping to get some more incite on these AFCO arms ASAP, as my Daly driver is now down.
And to make things worse, my beater MR2 needs a starter and is non-op for now.
So Ive been using my Wifes car to make part runs BUT after Sunday I'm car-less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif unless I eather...

1) finish the AFCO arms
or
2) install a new starter in the Mr2 beater (not a fun job)

so I guess i'm asking for a little help on what to buy from AFCO to complete my install

I cant even get to the store for beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Short the clutch safety switch on the MR2 and push/roll start it for a couple days. I remember the good 'ol days when the Toyota hi-lux came with a clutch switch override.

I actually considered it already ^_^ hee hee.
I think I'm going to have to get a new starter tomorrow morning.

good thing school doesn't start until January.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif what a $hi7y week ive been having.
I think its time to walk to 7/11 and get a 6 pack

JNR

Oh man, sorry to hear about that!

I wish I could help you on the Control Arm issue, but I haven't started that yet...I am in a similar situation though witrh my 3G MAS upgrade, so we have to keep this up there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please keep us updated though, cause I was planning on going this route soon!

Street Surgeon

Wow those are nice, I'll have to pick a set up for myself if they fit the Talon!

All you SOB's owe me a beer.

I just finished the install right at Midnight.
I don't have as much time to mess with the Galant as much now as I got a job (finally), working at a Saturn Dealership (and yes, i do more than just oil changes)

Any way, changing the camber is now hella cake.
all I do is...

1) jack up car slightly
2) reach under the car with my left hand and grab the lower jam nut, and loosen it.
3) reach through spokes in wheel and grab upper jam nut with my right hand, and loosen it. (works better with big boy 18' wheels like mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif )
4) grab AFCO arm with left and turn right or left to adjust camber.
5) after selecting desired camber, reach back in and tighten jam nuts
6) drink a beer coz your done.

The whole thing cost me about $130.00 (the ingalls arms were $145.00 when I got um)

oh ya, one more thing... sorry Larry, changed my mind (yet again) on the GT35/40R and bought "these", which went in during the AFCO install.

Before I start getting bombarded by PMs...

I will list what parts I used to complete the AFCO setup, next week.

Yes, the 1G Eclipse coil-overs fit.

Yes, the Eclipse camber plates fit... if you are smart and relocate one stud its easy. BUT if you are dumb like me, you can make a new strut mount with an Eclipse bolt pattern and install away, ya moron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif ... but, the added steel will reinforce the mount, so its not to bad of a dumb mistake i guess.

Factory hight Settings on Tien SS (untouched) is the same as the ride hight of the AGX and Ebach Sportline setup (expect its an even drop with the tiens) no 2/3G rear mounts necessary.

I might be going on a canyon run next weekend with a few friends ( I think the Initial D generation call it, "Touge", instead of "canyon run" ) ya I'm old.
so I'll give you guys my impressions of Tiens along with my other suspension mods.

On a weird note...
I've had my front strut bar off the car for about 1 week.
Wile its been setting in the drive way the strut towers moved almost 1/4th of an inch closer to each other confused: I found this out when I tried to re-mount the strutbar.

ugh... going to bed now

atc250r

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Thanks so much Dave! I can't wait for the parts list. We have a HUGE circle track warehouse only minutes from here so I'm sure I can get all the stuff locally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned