The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

East Coast MOD 2013

Gizmovr4

It was nice meeting everyone today !! Sorry for not being able to talk car stuff more !! It was Dylan's first time to a car event - I think he liked it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif But then again he also liked the green river water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's amazing how each of your cars are different from each other ! This is the reason why I feel the gvr4 is such a nice platform - everyone can put a unique twist to their cars!

I loved checking out all your cars- that's how I get ideas for my own cars !! Just wish I could have talked to you guys more !!

Next year I will bring the starquest!! Since they only had an old one representing them ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

blackvr4

It was definitely awesome meeting everyone! Seeing all the galants parked together brought me back to the DSMshootout!
Gizmovr4, 584 is beautiful man! keep up the good work with it! The cruisin thing I talked about briefly is in Ocean City MD. Its insane people just race up and down coastal highway. I was there in spring for it and it was insanity!

Hittman

Ditto on meeting everyone...had a great time...I think I was literally smiling the whole time, hadn't been to MOD since 2010. Great to put faces to the cars, and like Nelson said, seeing how everyone does there's just a little bit different was cool too.

Last edited:

blackvr4

Awesome pics hittman! Anyone got pictures of all of them together? I took one with my camera phone but it dont look that good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

desant78

ditto! Great pics Sal! I'm sure more pictures are to come like last year.

It was great to put more faces to names, and just be around people who are just as crazy for these 20 year old cars as I am. Seeing everyone's cars was cool too, I saw a lot of people go in a ton of different directions, which is impressive since we all have the same exact car!

Can't wait to see more pictures, and maybe meet up again in the future! Also Alex I was going to cruise week this weekend, but work got in the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hopefully next spring I'll be out there!

Gizmovr4

Quoting blackvr4:
It was definitely awesome meeting everyone! Seeing all the galants parked together brought me back to the DSMshootout!
Gizmovr4, 584 is beautiful man! keep up the good work with it! The cruisin thing I talked about briefly is in Ocean City MD. Its insane people just race up and down coastal highway. I was there in spring for it and it was insanity!

When is the event in Ocean City? Is it more like a parade or guys racing up and down coastal highway? I like OC and would be down for the spring event !!

You guys should come up to island raceway - make a day of it - run the cars or just hangout!!

desant78

^ google "cruise week OCMD", it is really a car show with events etc. But at night, everyone starts driving up and down the main road racing each-other! I've never went, but that is what everyone tells me. Even the locals bring out chairs to watch the racing! But it is a real car show, and massive one at that. Tons of cars show up, do the google and you will see its a big deal! I am definately going next spring, I'm not into the street racing but don't mind spectating and would love the car show portion of it. It is a family orientated event also, I know people who bring there kids.

click

Last edited:

blackvr4

Quoting desant78:
Also Alex I was going to cruise week this weekend, but work got in the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hopefully next spring I'll be out there!

I had my hotel booked but had to cancel monday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The weather forecast for the rest of this week looks terrible down there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif If it clears up I might ride out last minute on thursday or friday for 1 day.

blackvr4

Quoting gizmovr4:
When is the event in Ocean City? Is it more like a parade or guys racing up and down coastal highway? I like OC and would be down for the spring event !!

You guys should come up to island raceway - make a day of it - run the cars or just hangout!!

Its actually a lot of everything, Huge carshows (mainly older muscle cars), They also have a little parade thing where they drive on the boardwalk! But people bring all sorts of stuff down there, probably the only place you will see 8 second V8s driving around with parachutes. The night time is my personal favorite lol.

Here is my little video from last year. (did get all the shenanigans on film, but you get the idea lol) I hear the fall time is much better because there is a lot less "beech traffic" But unfortunately looks like this year is going to be a wash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

click

Last edited:

dustyduff

It was nice to meet a few new faces this year at MOD as well as see a few familiar faces again. Wish my car was back on the road in time for the group shot, but there's always next year.

MOD seems like such a short day (especially for the folks who traveled for it). Next year we really need to plan in advance and maybe we can have a mini-BBQ back at my house (~15 minutes away).

Gizmovr4

Blackvr4 - we will have to plan something for the spring oc event ... Looks like a lot of fun!!

Last edited:

blackvr4

Quoting dustyduff:
MOD seems like such a short day (especially for the folks who traveled for it). Next year we really need to plan in advance and maybe we can have a mini-BBQ back at my house (~15 minutes away).

MOD is really short! I think planning like a little cruise somewhere or a BBQ like you said would be a great idea!

Gizmovr4 we will definitely have to plan something in spring! Its probably the funnest car event I been too (and I been to a lot of fun car events too!). OCMD is awesome for our cars, AWD sleepers that nobody expects!

I am also planning to hit this event with my galant next year its called flashlightdrags, look them up its in Pittsburgh area they race on an airport run way un-prepped at all I think our cars would kick ass there too. Its a completely legal event, seems like a lot of fun!

Gizmovr4

^^ airport runway- I'm in!! - keep me posted on these events - PM me when there are cool events, sometimes I mis events that are posted in this section !!

I like the idea of a barbeque also - Just let me know what to bring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned