The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E38 RS VR4 I just finished

ozyvr4

Hi there, this a mates I E38 RS VR4 I just finished tinkering with. When it came to me it was stock except for post cat back 3" system , Lowered springs on GAB Super struts & 18" wheels.

My mate trusted me with the car for a month & a hand of cash.

I started with the turbo and manifold as it was suspected to have crack through out. This being an early RS still only had a TD05 14b on it, so I replaced with EVO 3 turbo, EVO 3 manifold & EVO 3 dump. Had to take the car to a mate for a 3" down pipe & highflow cat. HE did a fantastic job.

Next was the radiator as the stock had perished so much the top tank was almost see through. I got a EVO 3 alloy unit & spaced with rubber grommets top & bottom to reuse the stock brackets. All the pins were in the same spot , just 40mm lower on the top. I used a 5mm rubber on the bottom pin & 10mm on the top. I had to also fit a slim fan as the stock is so big & ugly. I got a alloy boss welded in the bottom tank for the fan switch.

Next he wanted to upgrade the cooler & piping and no-one in AUS makes a kit anymore so I had to buy some 2.5" alloy bends, I cut the pipes until all pieces mated up. I then had to take to a mate to weld for me. The TB elbow I just got from DSM Parts as they sell at a great price. I fitted a 500x240x75 cooler where the old on sat.

Next was fuelling, I fitted some 660cc injectors , a 2g MAF & BOMZ (INJEN copy)intake pipe with 3" K&N filter. The ecu could not be chipped , so I sourced a ecu & chip from NZ ( thanks RAZZA ) . I swap the pump for a walbro 255 & SARD FPR.

Next he wanted new suspension so a set of K-Sport coilovers went in with a set of Ingalls 1g adjustable rear arms to get the camber right.

It was quite a job that took a month worth of spare time, but worked out . Everything went together very nicely & without dramas.

The car has now been picked up & will be getting a boost controller in the next couple weeks before the trip to the dyno.

My mate was so happy with the outcome even on 12psi, but we are hoping to get 18psi soon.

Some pics of the build.

IncorpoRatedX

love some E38 action!

mitsuturbo

awwwwww.. look at that cute little turbocharger!

That thing is sitting pretty low, and i love it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Why can't i get a white one for a decent price?

That tears it. I'm 90% sure i'm going to take my SW GGSX off of CL if it doesn't sell this weekend, and transfer all the VR4 specific sh*t over to it. If i can't get a SW gvr4... i'll f***ing build one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned