The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dyno#s 562AWHP/484AWTQ

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. Is the reason FP discontinued the 3052 becuase it was killing the sales on the 3065?

4thStroke

I really wouldnt think so, Garfield. The DSM76 will be even closer to what the 3065 will put out with quicker spool. If anything, the DSM76 will hurt the sales of the 3065 even more. English pushed the 3065 to 610awhp. On the same dyno, Brian is not that far away. The DSM76 should be right there with 3065. I dont know how much room was left in English's 3065, though. Theoretically, if Brian threw the HTA mod at his 3052, he would be right there with English's 3065.

Did FP actually stop producing the 3052? They still have it listed on their web page.

Its all speculation at this point, what happens on paper is tough to replicate in real life.

We'll see what the DSM76 will do soon enough, I have one on the way.

Last edited:

Great numbers and more importantly I like how quick you do things. You have motors back up and running in weeks. When you let the car sit for a while thats where alot of people give up or get bored.

Nice job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Quoting number638:
It makes 200hp at 3300RPM!

And look how much time it spends over 500hp!

V'ey Niice!

That's the torque line, HP is just over 100 in the 3300 area.
Nice job Brian! Can't wait to see how mine stacks up at 30psi...

Mark

Quoting Hertz:
Is that enough to take you into the 10's?

It should be or damn close.. All depends on how heavy his car is.

4Grim

Wow...awsome numbers and very impressive powerband too! Love the fact you enjoy 500+hp for a nice period of time before redline! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4thStroke

He already went 11.17 at 131 on a stock extrude honed manifold and old street tires. He'll hit 10s. He told me it weighs 3380 with him in the car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

very nice "street car"..

curtis

She lives.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

Thanks every one. I am really happy with the #s. I think I can get a little more torque and a little more power in the mid range. Car is a little rich there. I started leaning it out from 4000-5500rpms but My wide band in my car was dead and Aaron did not know if the dyno wide band was being lazy in that rpm range. I know last year it was around 11.2-11.5 in that rpm range. Last night it was even richer. So if I get it to the 11.8-12.0afr it should help pick up some torque and power. It will not be much because you can run e85 rich and still not lose a lot of power.

atc250r

Staff member
That's f'ing awesome Brian. We finally got E85 around here, guess what I'm running for fuel when my car goes together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

thecman02

Those are some beautiful numbers. I'm extremely impressed with the street settings though. I hope once my build is done I'll be right in that area, but you've definitely payed your dues. Just curious what the timing curve was like? E85 makes the world a better place haha.

Brianawd

Timing starts at 16degs at 3000 and ramps up to 21degs by 7500rpms. I added in more timing on the dyno but only gained 1hp. So timing is maxed

Brianawd

Myles

WOO WOO!

And to think motor was in the kitchen and the car was under a tarp only 4 months ago!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

Well took the car to the track. Got two runs in.

11.25ET
131MPH
and a gay ass 2.078 sixty. Car just spun like crazy and was all over the track.
Last year my 11.17 had a 1.71sixty. So with a better sixty I think 10.70-80s can happen.
Last pass as a 16.??. bolt on the shift linkage came lost and locked me out of 2nd. So I just let off then tossed it in 3rd. After that I called it a day. It was just to hot for me. like 90-95deg track temps. I just need to get some wheels for the QTP and give up on the street tire sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NateCrisman

Wow 11.25 with a 2.0 60' That car should go easy into the 10.7 range with a normal 1.70 to 1.65. Impressive power and mph that's for damn sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned