The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Do I need stock o2?

OMFGeofffff

I posted in the link forums but nothing back yet. So I just got a v2 board for my gvr4 and have a couple questions. I used to have an innovate lc-1 and used narrowband simulation. I sold that a while ago and switched to an aem analog wideband. I've been running with just a plug in the stock o2 location and have been driving it as is with the cel on. I know it's not the best idea but I didn't have my stock o2 sensor anymore. Well since I just got dsmlink I'm finally going to install my wideband. Can I just use the 5v signal at the stock o2 pin and datalog off that? Is that asking for trouble and should I use a different pin on my ecu? V2 doesn't have narrowband simulation correct? Most likely am I going to have to wait to do the install by getting a stock o2 sensor and putting on my 3" dp w/ bung welded in?

CSMShaun

I think the best solution would be to put in a stock oxygen sensor for now and upgrade to version 3 for $195 when you can.

boostedinaz

No you need the wideband to simulate the 0-1 volt signal or run a stock O2.

OMFGeofffff

Dang I was hoping I could just use my wideband. So I'll wait and get a o2 sensor and housing to install my dsmlink.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned