The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

O2 sensor question.

Vr4door

When you hook up a wideband to link in a 1g do you completely cut the stock narrow band wire out and not even us it? Or do you just splice the wb into pin4 while also keeping the stock o2 still hooked up to the ecu? Is there a way to wire in both the stock nb o2 and a wb o2? So I won't have the run narrow band simulator? I already mounted my wb o2 36in from the turbo so I have both sensors in the car already and would like to keep ot that way. I am running the aem uego wb kit and link v3.

Coltsfan

Wire it to the EGR temp input (pin 15), and use it for logging only. Or futz with trying to replace the narrowband and get it set up to do narrowband simulation. In my opinion the only reason to do the latter is in case you want to calibrate a leaner cruise AFR.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I'm am going to do this too, at the moment all I have is my wideband simulating the o2. This would definitely work out better I think. So pretty much I install the stock o2 in it's original home( the o2 housing ) and keep my wideband on my downpipe for tuning and keeping an eye on my mixture.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned