The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Direct drop in Fuel Pump

Quoting turbowop:
But it doesn't have a barb!!!!!!!!!11111oneone1on111one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

ethug alert king of the vr4's and knows everything about them.
Get a life man.

no I just dont like people that feel they need to comment in every single thread with worthless comments cause they obviously have nothing better to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

turbowop

hsughlol.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
no I just dont like people that feel they need to comment in every single thread with worthless comments cause they obviously have nothing better to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I love when people come on asking for info on how or what to do with a car but if the info they get is not what they wanted to here then that person is wrong. Newb you have a lot to learn. But wait because your a volva tech you know all

seems like you two are the only ones that get butt hurt when someone doesnt want to follow the way you say to do something, everyone else on here doesnt care.

steve

OK on topic please. If you don't like someone's advice, or you don't like someone who refuses to take the advice they've asked for, please feel free to use the "Ignore This User" feature.

Alright but no offense he was the only that was off topic my thread states I was looking for a direct drop in pump nothing else so his posts were off.

I will take note of that feature for future threads though

thanks

chris

1990ggsxnj

Quoting tredmkv:
seems like you two are the only ones that get butt hurt when someone doesnt want to follow the way you say to do something, everyone else on here doesnt care.

I do! Why not try something that you haven't yet. Especially since it's already been proven to work by numerous other people, not just one.

When someone is adamant about something when you ask for advice it's usually because they want you to see for yourself how great it works. And if you took the time to see how ridiculous (and already ridiculed) limiting yourself to the stock setup is since it was not built with intentions of an upgraded fuel pump which you ARE trying to do, than it wouldn't hurt so much to say "damn, yea let's give it a try".

And you were butt hurt. People push each others buttons here because they expect someone to be adult enough to go along with it..not feel "hurt". Take the aggression elsewhere because I'm sure more people are laughing than are "not caring" as you say.

Give what the say a try. If it sucks, let them know why. If you find a better solution, throw it out there. That's what we're here for.

Last edited:

steve

Well, I wouldn't discourage our longtime members from suggesting things in the Newbies forum that the member might not have specifically asked about.

Brianawd

Quote:
Yes, Brian and I are completely butthurt. Nail on head. You win teh prize.

I only get butt hurt after I get railed in the ass. It makes me scream hay thailer pound me in the ath.

turbowop

Quoting tredmkv:
Alright but no offense he was the only that was off topic my thread states I was looking for a direct drop in pump nothing else so his posts were off.

No offense, but I didn't chime in until you wrote this little gem of a post:

Quoting tredmkv:
dont feel comfortable with cutting the stock barb and just having a piece of fuel line holding it on with no barb.

To which I answered:

Quoting turbowop:
Cutting off the flared end on the pump assembly is really not a big deal. The pump on 1051 has been setup like this since '01, and I've never had an issue. I think it's actually better, since it allows you to get rid of the problematic o-ring that resides in the flare.

I'm gonna go waaaaay out on a limb here and say my post wasn't "off". I'd say it was pretty much spot on in trying to make you feel more "comfortable" with the modification to make other pumps work.

A lot of us have been playing with these cars for a LONG time and know what works and what doesn't. We may not be Volvo techs, but I'm willing to bet you could learn a thing or two from us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no offense there is not much to learn from hooking up some fuel line to make a pump fit.
These cars are not rocket science like you are acting like they are.

turbowop

Who's acting like it's rocket science? Certainly not Brian and I. Fuel line works, and works well. Plain and simple. You're the one making it a big deal by saying it's not the "proper" way to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

These threads are awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
no offense there is not much to learn from hooking up some fuel line to make a pump fit.
These cars are not rocket science like you are acting like they are.

Well if they are not rocket science why are you asking what pump to use. If your smart enough to put a pump in a car then you should by all means be smart enough to use the f***ing search.

now who is getting butt hurt, i did use the search and did not see a pump that directly fitted in. You guys are funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TakumiJr

Quote:
now who is getting butt hurt, i did use the search and did not see a pump that directly fitted in. You guys are funny.

Did you end up installing a pump yet? Just wondering what you ended up going with.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned