The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Denver, Colorado...Success!!

nemovr4

Is there anyone that could come help me this weekend? I need to put in a new clutch fork and Pivot bal
I do have All the mitsu books and could get it done...slowly, but I could really use some help
from some of you guys who have done this before. Something about many hands and light work.

-Chris

Last edited:

5OF2k

Damn man, if I wasnt stuck working this weekend I'd make the trip up, but no dice. Good luck man!

-Jake

GVR47111K

I'd love to help you out as well because that would be a great learning experience for another newb like myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

but I am working as well all weekend. Hope all ends well, good luck.

nemovr4

Depending on the weather and Quality Mitsubishi's ability to get me the parts it MIGHT have to happen next weekend..
Or I will be working on it slowly into next weekend. If things don't go as planned...

nemovr4

What ever happened to 9-5er's??

Thanks for the offers, I know its short notice, but anything will help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nemovr4

Okay, checked and its going to be a bit chilly this weekend. So to make sure I have time to gather parts and tools I am going to be doing it on the weekend of the 19th (January) weather pending, since the garage isn't heated.
Any help would still be greatly appreciated, if possible!

-Chris

5OF2k

I will see what I can do sir, that's my tentative tune date for my T67, so if that falls through I'll see about coming up your way!

-Jake

nemovr4

T67 on the galant??!
Well if you can let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!! I can see what I can do for some compensation.

5OF2k

Yussir!!

I will for sure man, PM me your #

-Jake

nemovr4

Just picked up almost every thing I need for the maintenance portion of my work.
Also Picked up new axle seals, new clutch fork, and new pivot ball. Just need to get the
tools together and I will be all ready for this weekend...I hope it goes well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Any help is welcome, PM me and I can get you the address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also for the Colorado guys I posted the AWD Winter Fest Info on the Events page.

Thanks.
-Chris

tektic

This may seem dumb but I just don't understand how a clutch fork wears out. I know it can crack or break or bend but otherwise is that really a service part?

nemovr4

Well From what I have read...ha
The point where the Fork sits on the pivot ball tends to wear down into the fork...then some more mechanical stuff I know very little about(compaired to most members on here). But I am replacing them because they have 270K miles on them and haven't been replaced since 92. I am pulling it all apart because it needs some TLC as well.
Ha sorry I can't explain it better than that..I'm sure others could go further in depth, but I can't.

biglady112

Do you still need help? I am on call this weekend, but you can bring it to my house. I have everything you need here. We could make quick work of getting that thing out and back in.

Galantvr4559

Pm me your number. I am willing to help as well. I have pulled my tranny about 6 to 8 times in the last year. Only if i could keep a tranny from breaking.

nemovr4

Yeah man I sent you a PM, I will take all the help I can get!!

Thanks for the support guys!!

nemovr4

Okay I already need help...anyone able to come help

nemovr4

It's going to be a long weekend....

5OF2k

Just got off work myself Chris. Hows it coming along?

-Jake

nemovr4

Well it turned out to be just me and my buddy. (Complete amateurs, by the way) and the wonderful Mitsu Manuals..Ran into a few problems, mostly from sitting for 2 years. first of all the lower ball joints and control arms were "the best of friends" and took about 4 hours of liquid wrench and a "big ass hammer)...unsuccessful. So we gave in and bought a blow torch, low and behold Bang easy peazy. Had to go buy ned ball joint, lucky enough the local Auto parts shop had them.
Basically spent 7 hours just "un-friending" rusted bolts, and removing everything so that tomorrow we can pull the transfer case off and all the mounts to drop the Trans...Finger crossed it goes a LOT smoother than today.

Any tips/tool you would suggest that might make our jobs easier??
Already invested in cans of Carb cleaner, and Liquid wrench. Also need to pick up some wire brushes to clean all the gunk off. ANYTHING else I didn't think of?? Tools you have found useful in the past??

Also if at all possible I would love the help if you or anyone else could come...just throwing that out. I will pay for a tank of gas, cold beverages, food, and good company.

-Chris
(303)-668-1358

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned