The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DataLogging

Okay, so I got a data logger for #1943 and I really have no clue how to use it, when I start Palm n Stien and go into the logging mode it just scrolls up and down and gives no real reading, anyone have any idea where I can find a for dummies tutorial? Thanks

Dont waste your time with Palm n stein. It sucks. Get MMcD 1.8. Its free also. It does have its problems though. I just got done re-installing it on my palm because it froze. PocketLogger is the best from what im told and it goes for about 40 bucks.

Okay, so I have MMCD 1.8g... i figured out how to work it, but I need to clear out aome codes so I can start troubleshooting.
Here are some questions that I have: What should my o2 sensors read? Or better yet, is there a scale that I could use tointerpret o2 voltage into a/f? Also, what is a normal reading for A stock MAF sensor? what would the reading with a 2nd gen MAF be? I have everything to run a 2g MAF and even had it hooked up but I ended up with a bunk MAF. Took the car for a drive yesterday for the first time since I rebuilt the engine and its having all kinds of problems. Car ran fine before the oil filter spun loose and pumped the motor dry.... Bought a used moter, and right before I went to put it in I noticed the Cyl had water in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, #1943 makes me want to pull my hair out, but in a good way.......

oh yeah, are the o2 sensors labled backwards on mmcd 1.8g? when i unplug my front o2 sensor O2-R goes out

You can't use a factory narrowband O2 to read AFR. That's why they make widebands. The stock sensor is like an ON/OFF switch, which swings back and forth around .50 volts while idling or cruising in closedloop, which is 14.7:1 AFR. When you go WOT, the AFR gets much richer, so the voltage will be somewhere between .85 and .95 volts on average. Every sensor is different, and changes with exhaust temperatures, because they aren't intended to read anything but 14.7:1.
You need to be more concerned with the fueltrims, if you want to see if you have it tuned correctly. They tell you whether the ECU is having to add or remove fuel to hit 14.7:1 in closedloop.

My fuel trims are all 100% , but its only been ran for a short period of time, and only driven once. I am looking at my log from its first drive and the low FT went down to 90.6% and my o2 trim to 32% but o2 fuel trim went back up to 100% shortly after and stayed. Do I just need to drive it so the computer can relearn the engine. Everything is stock except eliminating the balance shafts and relocating the battery. I tried to run a 2g maf with an injen intake and RCI 550 injectors but the maf I got was bad, so I pulled the injectors out and put he stock intake back on Would running it with a bad maf mess the trims up? What is a normal o2 reading at idle? Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned