The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

daily driver + semi trailer = ruined friday and new paint

DR1665

Well done, Rich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting misterfixit:

Here's a front three quarter view. Was playing with the camera trying out using an axle stand as a tripod and the self timer...

The is The Best One /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My Favorite!

Last edited:

misterfixit

Redid the pics from earlier, bigger f number:

I gave the headlight/grill mountings a bit of adjustment grill fits better doesn't it now.

Was all ready for the inspection (MOT) on Monday, but I couldn't get a slot till today.
Was mega nervous as the older the car is the closer they look it over.
This morning before the test:

Had to start it and turn it round at 6.30am. When I was waxing it three days ago I flattened the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, easy fix though, charge the battery. But last night when I put the battery back it was dead.. Opps Mot's tomorrow. Turned out the charger had karked it. So a bit of wiring and it was kicking out juice again, hence the 6.30 start this morning to get it ready for test before work.

Anyhow.. back from work and off to inspection. Passed with a clean bill of health, not one error, Lock up on the front brakes on the MOT, 120Kg eack side on the rear, 114Kg on the handbreake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Passed.
So here's the little gem after passing her MOT and with a new TAX disc:

So back to DD status.

Cheers all,

Rich

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Awesome, hows it feel to drive her around again?

misterfixit

Great, the alternator has just taken a dump after 1 day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.... more $$ and i'm stuck without it.

Rich

89Mirageman

Looks great man!

I read where you said you waxed it. I was taught not to wax fresh paint and to wait a few months.

misterfixit

sorry, not wax but Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. I had to do something, as the flying rats round here (pigeons) never leave anything un shat upon for long.

Scored a new alternator and it'll be delivered this afternoon.. YAY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich

Polish

Truly amazing work, it's like a brand new car.

GSX_TC

that was fast haha

kama1

Looks great rich!

cheekychimp

So Rich did you ever get that bracket you need for down in the Automatic Transmission or did you modify the one you had. I asked Ken if he had an auto box or any parts knocking about and his tongue in cheek response was "did these cars come with automatics? What a waste!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

So if I swing by in August in the GTi do I get a ride with the ECS to make me jealous? I think the GTi has Teins on it!!! I was actually thinking about putting the GSR EVO VIII struts on the GTi and pulling the Teins and getting them rebuilt.

misterfixit

Got the bracket from the stealer in the end. It's great fun to be driving it again, just got the P6000s back on this afternon and its like a changes car again.

We'll be over in the philippines from last week of july, so it'll be in storage then till we are back in 2014 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, by the way do you want that bumper? it nees to be gone like very soon..

Rich

cheekychimp

Damn Rich,

I do want it but unfortunately I'm not sure how I am going to work out the logistics before you leave. Originally I had intended to be back mid-July which would have been cutting it fine but would probably have still worked out. Selling our house buggered those plans up because we now need to be out of our place by mid-July so I didn't expect to make it back before you leave. Mum has just gone into hospital and I'm sad to say I don't think will be coming back out again so there is a chance I may need to come back before you leave but if that happens it will be under rather unpleasant circumstances and it won't really be a time to be leaving Dad alone to go gallivanting round the country for car parts.

To be honest Rich whilst I would love to have it as a spare, I originally intended to stick it on the GLS because that had such ugly bumpers. Now that I have the GTi I'm not as desperate for it. I think to be fair you need to do whatever you need to do mate. Being in the process of packing up our place at the moment I know what a stress having unneeded stuff about can be. I'm going to put that stock exhaust system in storage for you though (it's in too good condition to junk). I guess it will be a little while now but since 'Pru' is now sorted I guess you can finally get round to fixing up your VR4 when you get back. I'll find a way to get the exhaust back to the UK and store it at my place until you are ready for it.

Paul

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned