The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruse control switches

tektic

What pedal switches need to be connected for cruse control to work in a manual car? My car was auto so I may be adding wire back to the ecu or something but what should be there in order for this thing to set a cruse speed?

Currently everything is connected mechanically and the light goes on when I turn it on but it will not set a cruse speed as it is.

Vince

I'm only now getting into the mechanics of the Galant, so others may be more accurate...
Two pedal switched are involved to disable cruise. The first is the brake, and I believe the ECU takes the signal directly from the brake light switch.

The other is the clutch, which has a switch making contact when clutch is fully engaged. A light tap of the clutch deactivates cruse. I had this switch fail, and the dash indicator would not light at all, so you may have something else going on.

Gtpdz

Clutch switch(the one adjust clutch pedal height) and brake switch need to connected, I'm also trying to diagonoise the cruise right now

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned