The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Couple pics of setup - pushing 14b

sleepyvr4

The car runs like a raped mongolian. 14b with lotsa boost. Looking for dyno and 1/4 mile records. Lotsa weight elim - car weighed 2620 the other day (no driver) with a packed camera bag, passenger seat and misc tools & electronics. More weight to pull over winter. Few more parts to get...

JMF SMIM coming soon - will do dyno comparo between 2G, E3 and JMF on 2G head when it comes in.

Also Evo8 complete valvetrain installed - noticeable improved throttle response.

Thanks to Joe at Slowboy for help and sponsorship lol...

list of mods

sleepyvr4

Oh yeah - the E3 over 2G intake manifold is day and night. Car spools faster, boost hits really hard, and top end is finally useful with those 264's...

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Nice. I have a feeling we will be going back and forth with 14b conversation next year. What tires are you going to be using?

The aperture your shooting the engine pics at makes it feel like Im looking under the hood of a model toy car, not a real one. 1.8 lens?

sleepyvr4

Definetely looking forward to it Nate - it's gonna be fun conspiring, and even more fun next spring.

No plans for wheels/tires as of yet. Curt Brown will likely lend me some if I ask.

Still on stock trans, suspension. Have a spare tranny that I'll eventually get to Shep - then susp and grippy tires won't leave gears and synchros spewed out on the track...

D700 w/ 50mm 1.4 afs for the engine pics ;0)

secret ultrawide on the interior

Last edited:

sleepyvr4

thanks to Olson for the Colgate white E3 turbine and o2 housings - and the fire engine red actuator. It's so gay I had to leave it on this dumpster chicken lol...

NateCrisman

Quoting sleepyvr4:
Nate what's your weight now?

I was a festivly plump 247lb at the DR's office yesterday.

My GVR4 is kinda in limbo, but it should be about 3050lb with driver (full nitrous bottle/2 gallons fuel/ open downpipe/no pass seat/hoosiers) in street trim it's heavier (+17 street tires, +24 catback, + 38 pass seat, -28lb nitrous kit, + X fuel weight)

The 1G AWD Im planning to run a 14b setup: it was in the 2790lb range with driver back in 2005. I have quite a few tricks learned since, so I would say my target for 14b record trim would be in the 2650 with driver range.

CarRacer

Quoting Dbossman:
Nice man.
What's the story on the interior?

I think he had a write up on what he did to the dash. He gutted everything and ran a piece of fabric over everything.

I have a question though. Will the stock accordian intake pipe be a hinderance at all?

sleepyvr4

it is a hinderance. I had a 4" FP intake pipe on the other day and it was sick (borrowed).

ditching all of that - ECM link v3 w/ map my ninja...

sleepyvr4

wahoo! got it buffed :0)

paint is still mud - but good god it's more than a little better...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned