The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

corner light fuse?

Tre3zy

well tonite my front corner lights went out so i though it would be just the bulbs but when i check both of them are not working.... i checked the bulbs and they are fine.... i tried to find the fuse for it but it was dark and couldnt really see where its located.... does anyone here know where the fuse for it would be? cause i think that might be the problem....

-triz

pot

Staff member
This should set you straight triz:

img.php

toybreaker

iconoclast
Do the tailights /dash light lights work?

If they are down as well, check the red 10amp fuse dedicated to the tail/park lamp circuit.

It's the second one in from the fender in the fuse box that's located by the right front strut tower in the engine compartment.

Tre3zy

is there any way to make the picture larger pot? and the dash and tail lights are working fine thats why im confuse of whats going on cause normally if the tail and dash is out then i know i would have to replace the one your talking about....

toybreaker

iconoclast
Triz,

This isn't going to be a fuse issue if the tails and dash lites are working.

The corner lites up front are the first thing to see power out of the tailight relay and then the power goes out to the other lites on the circuit. If the tails and other lites are working, the fuse and tailight relay are operating correctly.

The corner lites are fed power on the green/white wire coming off the bottom of the tailight relay socket in that front box. There is a splice that feeds them hidden in the wire harness in the vicinity of that front fuse box.

Step one is to check for power on that green/white wire at the light sockets with a testlight or voltmeter. Make sure there isn;t corrosion in the terminals or bent pins preventing the bulbs from recieiving power.

Step two is check for ground at the sockets on the black wire with an ohmeter. Each side uses a different location for grounding, so it's unlikely your problem will be there ...

If you don't have power at the sockets, you'll have to start working back upstream. I have seen several cars have problems with the harness directly under the front fuse box. The wires can chafe against the sheetmetal under the box and break.

... but I'd start with the simple sh*t first.

Make sure you have good bulbs, (test them in another location on the car)

Make sure you don't have corrosion in the bulb sockets.

Make sure the wires are intact at the back of the socket, and there is no corrosion on the pins.

Check to make sure the grounds are clean and bolted to the inner fenders. They are about ten inches back on each side, and have a single screw holding them to the sheetmetal. There are multiple wires on each screw, so just make sure there's no broken wires or other obvious isssues, and that everything is clean, tight, and there is no corrosion under the screw preventing it from giving a good ground.

Good luck, and if you get stuck, pm me your phone number and I'll walk you thru some troubleshooting steps over the phone.

John

Tre3zy

Cool ill get back at you thnx john

Tre3zy

Cool ill get back at you thnx john

Tre3zy

problem fixed.... turns out that the bulbs that i bought failed.... its just weird that both of them? hahaha anyways thnx for you help john

-triz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned