The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM single bulb corner lights

caf620

Hi to all,

I have the US corner lights(flat corners with 2 small bulbs) currently installed on my car and i would like to install the JDM corners(one big single bulb). Do you have any instructions or advice on how to do this?

The US corner lights has 2 small bulbs having 4 wires in all. The JDM corners only has 2 wires. The bulbs for the US corners functions as a park light(1st bulb) and turn light(2nd bulb)While the JDM corner(having only one big bulb) functions as both park light and turn light.

Tried a DIY installation and the JDM bulb exploded.. lol

Pls help

turbowop

The US corners are not 4-wire, nor are they used as blinkers. All four little bulbs come on as marker lights when the headlights are turned on and that's all they do. They are wired by two wires and the secondary bulbs are wired by a copper ribbon strip on the housings.

The 1-bulb corners aren't used for continuous use either. They are only used as blinkers on JDM cars. If wired to stay on continuous, they will melt the inside of the housing.

All that said, I use my 1-bulb corners as blinkers and markers. I retro-fitted in some dual filament bulb sockets and wired them up accordingly. I did this because I lost my blinkers when I went to a JDM bumper with projector fog lights. If you search my username, you should be able to find the thread I made explaining all of this.

caf620

hi

tried to search but cannot find your thread. can u teach me and list the steps that you did to install the jdm single bulb corners?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts