The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

coolant water pipe

ercp98

hi, i am ditching the stock oil cooler and switching to a 91 style oil cooler.

my question is, can i plug/ weld shut the coolant lines that go to the stock oil cooler
or do i have to keep the coolant circulating?

thanks in advance.

Barnes

You mean a '90 style oil cooler? If so, yes, youc an block off the coolant lines. Optionally you can get a 90' style front water pipe and it won't have the nipple for the coolant line. You can do that same by getting a '90 style thermostat housing too. Or you can just plug/weld what you have. Whichever your preference may be.

ercp98

thank you .
i will plug it up.
i was worried that it needs to circulate or it may cause
pressure if not circulated.

i did not have the 90 style coolant pipe

thank you.

mitsuturbo

Or, you can do like i did with the FP3052, and run a Tial MV-R or MV-S water cooled wastegate, and use those lines for the water supply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned