The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil cooler questions (used search)

presterone

Is anybody using there stock oil cooler with extended lines to make an external oil cooler? Would it work more effectively if there was an external mounted cooler with coolant flowing through it than just a air cooled core with oil in it? I plan to daily the car and then do track days on the weekends, Also maybe an aircooled core with a fan?

524of1000

The Galant does not have an oil cooler that can be relocated. It runs coolant to the oil filter housing. If you WANT an external oil cooler, you could pick up a '90 oil filter housing,lines and cooler. Broxma has a custom set up he'll sell you, but it needs some stainless lines. Of course there are a number of aftermarket options as well.

broxma

Easiest way is the 90 OFH and an external cooler. I can actually cobble together an entire setup since I have the extra -6 lines and fittings now. Maybe I'll do that.

I'll let you know.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned