The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Closeout prices for the Galant on RockAuto

I tried to buy bearings, but the discount isn't the same for standard size, only over sized.

Last edited by a moderator:

belize1334

Someone with more money than me should buy all of those pistons. If I read that correctly, it's like $30 for a set of all four pistons and the necessary rings and 4 of the sets are 0.02" overbore. Also, somebody should grab those PCV valves cause somebody will want them at some point.

Beck/Arnley makes good stuff. Anybody doing a stock engine rebuild has it made with that list.

Quoting belize1334:
Also, somebody should grab those PCV valves cause somebody will want them at some point.

The Fram ones are crap though.

That price is per piston it looks like, I went through the entire check out, and it's described as Piston, not plural.

BoostedAWD91

i need to rebuild a engine, those parts good? ill have to call and see what exactly they have left. Its says only 2 left in standard bore and 4 in .020 over. i dont know if they mean there is only 2 pistons left or two sets left

Last edited:

I think what they are calling a "set" is one piston and its rings, not a set of four pistons.

Beck Arnley does make good stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to use their pistons, bearings, and gaskets if I was doing a stock rebuild.

fivestardsm

Well that was a quick way to spend some hard earned cash..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The best part of it is, I was gonna get on there tonite and look for some parts anyway.

I saved up to 56% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif, to bad not on all of it.

Score, just bought 80$ shipped worth of misc goodies. Then again most of it I bought knowing that if I hadn't it would break... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Eighty9TSI

Just sent in my fat order. Appreciate the heads up!

BoostedAWD91

nobody better buy those pistons, i need them and cant order them till friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1990ggsxnj

This stuff is going quick! Grab while ya can guys.

1990ggsxnj

I thought the same thing, but that's part of deal with the older. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

fivestardsm

ARGHH!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I just got a message from rockauto.. They were all out of the main bearings that I ordered! Bastards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BTW, its not that they aren't going to carry the parts, its just one of Rockauto's suppliers warehouse isn't going to carry them anymore.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts