The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning? Or Something else? Need Help.

CarRacer

Quoting alansupra94:
Wait....you have a chipped ECU AND a SAFC?

That's an extremely common setup.

steve

^agreed

Quoting 2DAMAX:
this car only gets driven rarely...bout once a week.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif most of these cars don't get driven once a year!

Dialcaliper

Do you have an aftermarket downpipe and a stock or 2G style O2 sensor housing? Check the gasket between the DP and the O2 sensor housing - There isn't much sealing area with some downpipes, and if you've ever whacked the exhaust over a speed bump, or especially backing out over a curb, there's a chance it could be leaking at that location. Mine was leaking for over a year until I finally figured it out (and I had to have the blower on recirculate all of the time, or it would start to smell like exhaust in the car)

Ya a buddy of mine told me that it is a common problem with the 02 housing and downpipe, I guess i have to drop the turbo which i did not want to do lol.

UPDATE: Ok guys this sounds weird, but my vacume lines are capped of, the one on my P port i believe is bad [the cap], so im driving and my boost is at 15 psi. I full throttle it a little it goes no further than 10psi, so i say ok i raised the boost up.. still at ten then realize the CAP was bad on the vacum line. NOW THIS IS THE QUESTION, NOW SINCE I AM AT 10 PSI, I GET NO HEADACHES!!!! WTF!! haha, im happy and excited but what could be causing this??

CarRacer

You don't need to drop the turbo to change the gasket between the downpipe and o2 housing. You only need to remove the downpipe. Check out the easy stuff before you really start tearing into it.

You also might want to invest in a boost leak tester, there's a tutorial on vfaq about building one. It sounds like you have a leak when you raise the boost and it didn't change.

524of1000

Perhaps you have a TOOMAH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif just kidding of course...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned