The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car won't run right past three grand.. HELP?

mistaVR4

Glad you got it all sorted out! These cars can deceive you in many ways. Nice work hope your ride continues to give you pleasure, I mean many happy miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

Does both ECUs work in it?

I hope I was able to get both your ECUs right.

I hoping it will last me til atleast next summer, it'll be a winter beater til the 92's done.
then prob. redo the summit white one and take all the ugly paint off.

Terry i'm un sure about both of them, the one that came out of it worked, however i haven't checked the one you socketed for me.
I'm testing in the morning..But with you fixing the ecu and me fixing the other problems it runs great! I'll send you a text tomorrow about the result's of the second one.

Thanks again for your help!

First thing I thought of was cam angle sensor. Improperly lined timing marks is a good suggestion though.

Find someone local with a good working cas and swap it.

Terry Posten

He has everything sorted now. Both of the ECUs I repaired work good and I will be giving him my old rad and a few fans later tonight so he can get I on the road.

The final result was bad wiring. Several broken leads. The ECUs were also bad before I fixed them.

Once Again Terry, Thanks for all the help and the part's!

Rad. is put on and wired up!! I'm glad luke pointed me in your direction!
I'll be contacting you in a few day's about the other part's, and that ECU!

BTW Thanks for the ride the VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Make's me wanna build mine as good yours!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned