The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can someone look at their slave cylinder for me?

fastfalcon94

I bought my car a few months ago needing some work. I think something is wrong with the clutch hydraulic system. The previous owner just put a new clutch in before jumping his timing. He also put a 1g shifter assembly in and used the wrong cables. He used 90 cables so my side to side movement of my shifter was too short. I fixed this already. My master and slave are not leaking, I've bled the lines, and the clutch still does not disengage properly. It is really notchy going into all gears and the clutch drags some. The adjustment under the dash is all the way out, I can push the slave pin in by hand so I know it's not too far out. I can't adjust it anymore... I am thinking the previous owner may have installed the wrong slave or something.

I pulled the master and slave out today for piece of mine. The slave has an anodized green piston inside it. I have a bin of misc dsm stuff and I have one with an anodized blue piston inside it, but I think I need red? The car is a 92 galant vr4. I've checked the tranny code and it is indeed a 92 tranny if that matters. I would just like confirmation that my slave cylinder should have a red anodized piston inside it.

I am going off of this post that I found on a 1g dsm forum:

click

"I just found out when I rebuilt the slave cyl, that I have the wrong one. Apparently the 13/16" bore green piston is for a 2g or 1g NT. The red piston 3/4" bore is for a 1g AWD. I should get about 2mm more stroke on the slave cyl due to the smaller diameter still being moved by the same amount of clutch fluid from the master cylinder."

Diego

So whats your real question.....?

the color?

my old one was aluminum/steel what have you and my new one was the same...... no color..

fastfalcon94

yes the color. I believe red is 3/4" and green is 13/16". I am supposed to have a red one (3/4") right? I have no idea what the non-color is, probably an aftermarket rebuild kit?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned