The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bringing her back from the dead UPDATE New PIcs 11/15/10

kitcho

^ I had the same issue with my fuel and coolant temp gauges when I first got my jdm galant. I was told by a member here that it's a bad ground that causes that. His fix involved attaching a wire to a point on the cluster and then grounding the wire. I did this a few years ago and it fixed the problem permanently for me.

Unfortunately I do not have the original pic that this guy sent me and don't remember exactly which point to ground. I think it was misterfixit, or someone else from the uk who told me this.

Last edited:

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:

Im also having issues with the wipers they keep stopping in the up position. I didnt take the wipers off the car, My body shop did that, is there something that could be hooked up wrong like some of the moving parts ?

There is actually kind of a process to swapping the motors. You need to take the arms off, make sure the wipers are in the "parked" position, and make sure the linkage is bolted onto the motor in the correct spot, verify the wipers are sweeping in the correct manner and parking correctly, then put arms on. If the linkage isn't bolted to the motor correctly it can make things really funky, like the wipers going DOWN 4" before coming up.... very bad.

jcgalntvr4-244

Here are the new pics I took today she is coming along .

Adorsey

WOW that thing is a beautiful color. Looks like its coming along good

jcgalntvr4-244

WTB JDM hood Anyone have one?

Car is almost done just need a hood real bad.

Cheers,
JC

jcgalntvr4-244

Well the JDM finally got a new hood today. Here is a before pic. My paint guy should be done with the car in a few weeks now that I have a hood.

Thanks,
JC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned