The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Braket?

Lancer99

Do we really need that braket thats hold the intake manifold? You the triangle looking one, its in between the motor and intake manifold? To me it seems like a pain in the butt to have.

Scoops

14u2nV

you talking about the one right under the intake mani, that goes down by the knock sensor? If so, no you don't need it. The other one, no unless you want to pull your engine.

Last edited:

Lancer99

^ Yea thats the one im talking about, Thanks! One more question, Does anyone know how to take off the front axle nuts, when you don't have axcess to power tools?

Scoops

solidviper89

the castle nut? if so i did it with my stock downpipe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
put that sucker to go use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Breaker bar?

John

CarRacer

I used a wrench with a jack to break it loose. I had the standard size equilavent in the toolbox. I used the biggest Craftsman breaker I had and couldn't get it.

Be extra careful to not round the nut off. Slow and steady wins that race.

Lancer99

But heres the thing I have no motor or trans in it, so it just spins around and I had my buddy stop on the brakes but it still spun around.

Scoops

14u2nV

put a wheel back on and set it on the ground,, that ought to hold it still.

Lancer99

^ Put the wheel back on but remove the center cap was that your plan?

Lancer99

O and one more thing when I was pulling the motor and disconnected the spark plug wires from the coil pack one of the wires had a big build up of green corrison, what does that mean? I never seen anything like that before.

Scoops

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned