The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake upgrade?

cheekychimp

MDK87,

Regarding the front hubs, be aware that again the hubs seem to widen the track. I had a front plate diff and I don't know if that makes a difference to using a transmission with the stock diff but we had to use an RVR axle on the passenger side (RHD JDM car) which worked perfectly. We 'think' that an RVR axle on the driver's side might therefore work. Sadly we didn't have one to try. The difference in length of the stock axle caused me a lot of problems and I went through two wheel bearings on the driver's side in as many months until we managed to get a spacer machined to the correct tolerance to solve the issue. Again I reiterate it is possible an RVR driver's side axle might solve this problem. If you do this and confirm it works, I'd highly appreciate it if you could source me another RVR driver's side axle to swap in rather than using the spacer which whilst it works is still a band aid in my opinion.

Also, like I said, I am also not sure if a stock diff would make fitment any different/easier.

Paul.

pagosadsm

For a budget build I have PBR front and rear calipers. The front are off of a Mustang with 12" Crown Vic rotors . The rear are off of a 96 Corvette. Rotors on the rear are a 96 Vette 12 vented. I have less than $500.00 in this upgrade. The Corvette has a hand brake attached to the caliper.
Rick

KiNgMaRtY

More info on the rear please. Was it a bolt on affair for the rear as far as the caliper mounting and mounting the parking brake line?

CutlassJim

I'm sure the caliper needed an adapter. I'm more interested about 5x120 rotors fitting on 4 or 5x114 hubs. Redrilled?

pagosadsm

A few years ago I gave all the measurement to RTM. The rotor need 3 cuts, drilled for studs, center hub enlarged to fit our hub, and faced I think .080. The caliper needed an adapter and bushings. The hand brake needed an adapter to fit the cable. I think I could get the correct brake cable. I also sent specs to Jay racing. I use to have photos on DSM tuners, but with their new program I lost it. The 96 corvette rotor was very close to the off set to our rotor. Because nobody has done this upgrade I had a good 40 hours of work to make this fit.
Rick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned