The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake Pads?

Quote:
Quote:
Not hating, but I've heard some negative comments about Greens.

Ditto. They fade like crazy after a few repeated stops and are damn dusty. Though most people here seem to be content using $30 AutoZone pads, so YMMV depending on how you use your vehicle.

wait are you talking about the EBC's or the KVR's? im confused lol

I'm about to buy a full race setup and my choices are the Hawk HPS, Axxis Ultimates, or the Metal Masters. It's 90% setup for the street so i'm going to just go with the Ultimates or Metal Masters...just not sure which. Any of you guys run either of those pads before? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif I hear the Ulitamtes are dusty, but I don't mind that. I just want something that will really grab when I need it to and won't be noisy.

CP

I've got Axxis Ultimates that came with my Stoptech kit. They're a pretty good street pad by my experience. However I wouldn't use them on a road course.

well i just ordered a set of front KVR's so i will give a full review and writeup when i get them installed. thanks for all the input guys!

belize1334

Just checking the pn for the kvr pads. I have M7412 and M7225 as the likely candidates. Can anyone confirm?

gvr4737

I have Axxis Ultimates with my 3kgtvr4 brake set up.. just put these on earlier this week.. completly eliminated the terrible squeeling noise and feel alot better

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I have KVR pads installed on my C53A Colt but I do not track drive and have to worry about cost over fun factor due to this being my daily and with captive front rotors.
Love these pads on the street, zero squeal and good pedal feel when warmed up with stock turbo brakes.
I can't confirm part numbers direct from KVR but I can give you a contact phone number:
1 - (613) - 746 - BEST Ask for Edwin or the KVR guys in the back.

I drive 10 mins down the street and I'm at their front door. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned