The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boost gauge wire tap

seizer

where the best place to tap these wires for the light? i looked at v faq but i thought there was another way without the dimmer function?

seizer

i dont know where that would be... i was tryin to follow these directions click But i think b-66 is diff. on our car... can i tap them into wires on this harness?

Last edited:

seizer

just realised those directions are for a 2g oops....! still would like a more clear answer sorry for the hassle i just wanna finish this

Muskrat

I couldn't tell you. Mine is hooked in through the dimmer switch.

Any particular reason you don't want to do that?? I know the site you linked say's it's not bright enough,but I've never thought that. Maybe his gauge is just crappy...

seizer

yeah that was the main reason i just didnt wanna do it over (splice) if i was unsatisfied. I will try it that way if i have any problems ill be back postin.

12V Switch at the radio is a good option if you don't want the dimmer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

seizer

i did it through the dimmer wires.. it works good.. other than it wont dimm with the scroll but everything else does.. i even tried swappin the wires from the gauge maybe its the gauge idk im satisfied otherwise thanks yall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned