The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Boing" sound when i stop

maxash0775

Helo all. In the last few months i have noticed a "boing" sound like a spring and my brakes click click click as i brake. Now the brakes apply fine a high speed but the sound and brake pedal feel happens at like 5mph as a brake. Has any one had this issue or heard of it? Thanks

EHmotorsports

steps you need to take. Jack car up, Jack stands, pull wheels off, makes sure all bolts are tightened, inspect brakes.

MellowVR4

make sure the gusset plate is in place and tight, basically check if everything is tight as they said above. Have you done struts and mounts lately?

maxash0775

I checked the brakes and bolts and everything seems tight. Could it be the ABS since it has that feel in the pedal like when abs is activated? Stuts and mounts definitely need to be changed, just to broke atthe moment. New house kicking my arse.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned