The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Black Top CAS - Details

You have no idea how much I was telling myself not to post this but here we are...

Any write ups or detailed information on the famous black top CAS?

I search, honest, been in the DSM game for awhile and never picked up any details on the black top CAS. I have two black tops and three green ones just sitting in the garage. But never really figured one was better than the other.

All I have picked up at this point was "the black top is more accurate...". How was this figured and how does it compare to the green top?

spooling92vr4

the diffence is the way they read... the black top is a hall effect sensor and I believe the green is an optic. black top is supposed to have a better quality signal vs the green one

I guess the black top is theoreticaly better. but you will notice no difference in performance.

people that do the 6 bolt swap in 2g's prefer them because the 2g uses a hall effect sensor stock and the black top is the most similar ( its supposed to lessen the chances of the random misfire code)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned