The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best Tuning in nj

number3

Quoting Nate:
Ara Arslanian started Bullish Racing, and I think you're referring to George, not Bert. George worked at Rally Motorsports when Ara hired him to run tune the twin Solaras.

Ivey is a very good tuner, Turbotrix will do you right, or you can call JNZ in Pa. I don't think JNZ has an in-house dyno yet, but I believe they have access to one.

Yeah, what he said...

THEKID

Quoting Gordian79:
Quoting THEKID:
yea people should really do their research before talking before it was bullish it was prostore owned and operated by Bert Gaertner who sold it to ara and helped turn it into bullish and was the engine builders for the twin solaras and the aem drag car look for your self bullish team and many does get tuned in the bronx bolth his supra and cugar motor are built by bert i see manny and at the shop all the time

Yes prostore was berts but Ara came up with bullish.i know bert builds soloras motors(which have been many) and cougars motors were built by Duttwieller supposely.

Duttwieller may build cougar motors but may cruiz's twin turbo cougar motor is built by bert he just finished one and is in the process of building the other

Nate

Sorry to hear some people had bad luck at TT, but as for calling it a horror show, I'm quite sure that every single shop out there has had some unhappy customers that will now slander them. I would absolutely let them do any work I needed done on any of my cars. Others (I've heard) haven't been happy with Ivey, so he's not immune, either.

And yes, Kid, you're right, people should do some research before talking.

Ivey tuned my galant. My AEM is running great i drive it every day he put a quick tune on my car because iwas moving out of state. I will not let anybody touch my car but him. Just make sure you check your car over before you take it to him good luck with your car.

jesus_ralliart

Quoting Nate:
Sorry to hear some people had bad luck at TT, but as for calling it a horror show, I'm quite sure that every single shop out there has had some unhappy customers that will now slander them. I would absolutely let them do any work I needed done on any of my cars. Others (I've heard) haven't been happy with Ivey, so he's not immune, either.

And yes, Kid, you're right, people should do some research before talking.

Slander isn't the right word I feel. Slander would imply that such accusations were false or misleading in some way. I've hung out with many different people "in the car scene" if you will and they all hate TT. Its a perfect example of them screwing up in terms of bringing in more customers. I, for sure, will never go to a shop where even a handful of people had a bad experience. In this case, its more than a handful. In a word, i learned from other people's mistakes.

atc250r

Staff member
Please stop with the second hand info. For one, this is not a "Bad Guy" thread, you've made your point that you wouldn't go there, enough said. Secondly, I feel it is wrong to hurl accusations at anyone based on what you have heard from others.

John

jesus_ralliart

I wasn't hurling accusations, I was just saying I'd never go there. I figured I'd try and save some dsm or gvr4 owners a headache but it isnt a good guys/bad guys thread, so I guess I should of just said "Go to ivey or find a decent tuner elsewhere." Sorry if it sounded like an accusation.

Ok. Anytime your dealing with cars there will always be problems. Turbotrix Racing has done my Galant,96 GSX,Supra,1g FWD,and 06 Evo. Yes there has been a few problems through out the years but everytime I got a little pissed because my high horse power cars werent acting like a stock car anymore they would do whatever needed to done to make me happy. Hell I text message them at least once a day to check up on my projects. By the way my 91' Galant will be back from the cage shop soon. TTR is expecting 650+. Then a few motors changes, more boost an 700+++whp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting jesus_ralliart:
....such accusations were false or misleading in some way.

Your words, not mine.

My comment was a general statement reminding everyone that the thread starter was looking for good tuners and people were busy pointing out who they felt were bad ones. Your point was made and well taken, I just didn't want this to spiral into a bashfest.

John

jesus_ralliart

I was kinda building off the guy i quoted but eh. You're 100% right though, this isnt the right thread for this and bashfests do turn out pretty gay. Im actually somewhat interested in the places ppl name besides ivey and tt myself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned