The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best size turbo

Steve885

I forgot to mention..680 injectors. 255 fuel pump. And a keydiver chip running 91 octane. I found this label on the turbo has anyone seen it .the for sale ad said it was turbonetics..I don't think so..more like a ebay special

Steve885

Yep as I thought. eBay pile of sh**... Why would a member on this forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif buy such crap for a great car...actually it's not the guy I bought It from fault he didn't know. Anyway that turbo will make a great paperweight. It does work but u can't trust ebay parts on anything.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

quato

I have a 60-1 in my car. Yes it's laggy but I like it that way. I'm not in the boost constantly and when I want to get on it, the boost comes on nice and hard.

blacksheep

I would say e3 16g or fp green, maybe? There is one for sale in forum for 650. I kept eyeing it, but I just want a simple simple setup, so I decided to avoid it...

prove_it

I'm waiting for FP's 68hta turbo to come down in price. Some guys on tuners and the ecmlink board are reporting up to 54lbs/min off that guy. Bolt on, factory looking, clean install that can pump out the much air. Hell ya. Oh and a spool time like a s16G.

James

I've always gone with the evo3 16g. It really just does everything you want it to do in daily driving.

4Grim

I loved my Evo 3 big 16g...then switched to a FP Red and its a awsome turbo.

JamesFoster

The FP68HTA I had on my 2.3 in my green car kicked ass, that was a fun setup. Maybe do an FP green for a bit more power, or GT3076 if you wanna do T3, 660's might need to be upgraded though.

DynastyLCD

FP3052... 30 psi before 4k over a stock motor with cams... can't go wrong there.

or the updated DSM 3076 HTA, same thing but billet wheel. can't wait to try one of those!

transparentdsm

first thing, you need to get yourself some tuning software or a piggyback device. i mean i love using a simple eprom chip to compensate my fuel and o2 readings so i can just drive it, but if your looking for faster spool you need to get a real tune dialed in before you can say that turbo doesn't spool fast enough. i don't really see the need to change it out, unless the turbo is blown. i understand its a ebay special, but id run it for a while save some money and get a tuning device. if your still unhappy with it then downsize. also in my experience 3500 is about when you'll see full boost when running off a chip, with a tuning device ive seen it down to 3000. with all that said, if you still are looking for a alternate turbo i'd suggest the Holset HX35. make sure to find the dodge with the v-band clamp and it should almost be a direct replacement.

jnava

Staff member
I just dumped the e316g and I'm going to play with the old school fp green. It sounds like tons of fun.

transparentdsm

^ i want one of those too. they're super nice, there's like 4 or 5 turbos out there i really want to try out once i get my car running right and everything straightened out.

NateCrisman

I love the fp3052. (DSM bolt on version of the garret gt3076). It rocks: kicks out 10.7@128mph on my stock 2.0l low compression long block auto 1g Dailey driver. Spools well enough to get up on a stock converter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned