The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ball Joint Confirmation

atc250r

Staff member
I need a confirmation that MB241883 is the correct part number for the OEM joint that will fit the front control arm of our cars?

John

atc250r

Staff member
Yes it is certainly a ball joint but I need confirmation that its definitely the right one for our car. I went to cross reference the part number in CAPS and it doesn't come up so I can't verify by model code. AFAIK Mitsu does not offer a front joint per say but the rear ones do fit in the front. Unfortunately I can't find the rear ones in CAPS either.

John

Rausch

Can you cross reference with aftermarket part #s? If so Here is a pic of the ball joints I used to replace the OEM ones with. I bought a second set to be used on a pair of control arms I was cleaning up, and wound up selling them.

click

G

Staff member

atc250r

Staff member
That's the thread I got the part number from but when it doesn't come up at all in CAPS it makes me hesitant to order it without someone confirming its the right one.

John

turbophein

i just installed moog ball joints, which are probably better than OEM, i use them in my lifted jeep with Dana 44 axles and 37" tires and they hold up great..

here are some part #'s for different companies

Moog K9617
TRW 10371
Chassis Select BJ3901

Hope this Helps

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks. I know about the aftermarket ones and even used a set of Moogs in the GVR4 I'm pulling the drivetrain out of. I'm not a big fan of any of the aftermarket ones nowadays, its hard to find a set not made in China or Mexico. The Moogs I used last time were made in China. Maybe I'll try the Raybestos Professional Grade ones or the Mevotech ones from RockAuto. They aren't super cheap and maybe they're a better quality than some of the junk that many replacement parts are these days.

John

Struc

Quoting atc250r:
Yes it is certainly a ball joint but I need confirmation that its definitely the right one for our car. I went to cross reference the part number in CAPS and it doesn't come up so I can't verify by model code. AFAIK Mitsu does not offer a front joint per say but the rear ones do fit in the front. Unfortunately I can't find the rear ones in CAPS either.

Yeah, it doesn't come up in CAPS because CAPS only shows the full front or rear arm as an available part. In fact, that part number doesn't come up with any models. Maybe the newer Mitsubishi parts program has it in there (can't remember the name of it at the moment).

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The original component part number for the ball joint is MB303526, however it is not sold as a service part. It has an outer case diameter of 39.7 mm. MB241883 uses the same base case and has the same outer diameter. The actual stud is different, but I don't know how.

MB241883 is still available through service.

Last edited:

EMX5636

I just put the MB241883 Balljoints in my 91 a week or two ago. They are listed in CAPS for the Tredia. I just rented a balljoint tool and they went in/out without a hitch. Took me less than an hour for both.

Justin W

raptorWagon

Quoting Struc:

Yeah, it doesn't come up in CAPS because CAPS only shows the full front or rear arm as an available part. In fact, that part number doesn't come up with any models. Maybe the newer Mitsubishi parts program has it in there (can't remember the name of it at the moment).

In Mitsubishi ASA(New CAPS) it doesn't come up. I believe it doesn't come up, because if you order new arms they come with the ball joints already installed.

When I ordered new Rear lower arms, I thought I would need to get ball joints for them, but when they arrived, the ball joints were already in and ready to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armitage

FWIW all the auto parts stores I checked didn't list a part for replacement rear ball joints.

The rears are the same as the fronts. I recently replaced all of mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned