The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

auto dsm issues

MellowVR4

Hey guys, last summer i was working on a friends AUTO DSM. basically did the whole manual convertion besides converting it to actually a manual trans. Anyway took his old ecu out, put a manual one in because i changed the injectors to 450cc. I open his ECU up and its EPROM? didnt know that auto talon's came with an eprom ecu. The numbers on the auto ecu are MD304485 And the EPROM CHIP IS EB22. now for the real reason im posting this, I drove his car after all the upgrades i did and i rev it and it wont go past 4500 rpm's?? its like its hitting the rev limiter but on a stock chip??? and it wont go past that rpm when im driving it. The turbo on the car does have a FAT crack on the hotside and the turbo to manifold gaskets is also shot, dont know if this is causing it, i doubt it but you never know, i cant remember what ecu i put in it but i know it was from a manual turbo dsm. what do you guys think?? Heres a list of the parts i installed on his car when this issue started to happen. Any help would appreciated.

450cc
fmic
TBE 3"
255 walbro
afpr kit
eprom manual turbo ecu
maybe some other parts but i cant remember ATM.

MellowVR4

yea i guess, thats one possibility, it was working fine before i installed all of these mods on tho. Then again i do remember it not looking that great. Maybe too many mods all put at once? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i feel like it might be the maf, I Wont be sure till i start working on it again, which is really unmotivating when its not your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

MellowVR4

could their be any other issues that cause this type of behavior. im gona pull the ecu i put in it and check out the numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned